Thread: family pen! Swenson Pen Co. Star Stylo chased hard rubber- info?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default family pen! Swenson Pen Co. Star Stylo chased hard rubber- info?

My grandma-in law gave me her own grandfather's pen. He passed in the 30s. I'll be getting this one restored. Google hasn't been very helpful, anybody here have any info?

Thanks

Default Re: family pen! Swenson Pen Co. Star Stylo chased hard rubber- info?

Huh! I wonder if it's a relative of my mystery pen.

Thanks

Hey, Tim, just saw this--so maybe you've already found some info. But if not, might be worth emailing the photos and talking to Fred Krinke at the Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia, CA. He was there in person during the golden age of pen-using in Los Angeles. This is a wonderful gift.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carole For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (July 25th, 2013)

Thanks

I've acquired a number of vintage stylographic pens in the last few months, and have found them to be amazingly smooth and reliable writers...I have one (a Universal) on my bedside table, and love it because you don't need to line up the nib before scrawling a note (in semi-darkness or semi-sleep :-)

Does the tiny pin in the nozzle move freely? Getting this configured properly seems to be the real trick to fixing one of these -- the rest (lever, sac, etc) is usually pretty standard.

Excellent stylo information is available on Richard Binder's site: http://www.richardspens.com/?design=stylos. David Nishimura also has lots of good info, as well as a cool selection for sale: http://www.vintagepens.com/stylos.shtml.

Cheers!

Jonathan

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

manoeuver (July 25th, 2013)