Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100

Thread: 92 brands from 19 countries

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 89 Times in 41 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Another for the Japan section, Wancher have their own range of inks

  2. #42
    Senior Member carlos.q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On a hill in Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,474
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 619 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

  3. #43
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    3,961
    Thanks
    1,013
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 1,964 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Wouldn't it be interesting to find that a substantial portion of brands from the OP's list actually coming out of one factory somewhere in Austria. There's been plenty of speculation about the Austrian company that now makes inks for Montblanc since it ended production in Germany.

  4. #44
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanks
    3,967
    Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,804 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting to find that a substantial portion of brands from the OP's list actually coming out of one factory somewhere in Austria. There's been plenty of speculation about the Austrian company that now makes inks for Montblanc since it ended production in Germany.
    There are several factories producing multiple brands: Diamine, Sailor, Pelikan to name only three. Like you I believe a substantial portion of brands is actually coming out of the Monteverde factory. Why wouldn't these factories produce as much ink capacity as they possibly can and offer it to any company who wants an ink brand? It makes so much business sense.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central Coast, California
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    839
    Thanked 585 Times in 244 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    As I recall, Toucan Ink was developed by Kevin Watson at Justwrite. It was the very first development of formulas that would later become Blackstone inks. The Toucan ink was set up to be powdered at first, but due to manufacturing difficulties were later developed to a concentrate where the buyer could add water to get the the proper ink shade color they wanted. Toucan ink disappeared as Blackstone came on line, and is no longer available. The very first few batches of Blackstone ink could be bought in large 1 liter bags. (something I wish they still had since I need a large batch of Barrier Reef Blue.)

    All the Best.

  6. #46
    Member tooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 85 Times in 35 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting to find that a substantial portion of brands from the OP's list actually coming out of one factory somewhere in Austria.
    wouldn't that be a list to see! mercy

  7. #47
    Senior Member grainweevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 819 Times in 441 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Another one came to mind, albeit it's really just Pelikan in student/inexpensive disguise.

    Germany - Herlitz
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

  8. #48
    Senior Member migo984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bi-hemispherical Global Nomad
    Posts
    2,561
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 3,089 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    As I recall, Toucan Ink was developed by Kevin Watson at Justwrite. It was the very first development of formulas that would later become Blackstone inks. The Toucan ink was set up to be powdered at first, but due to manufacturing difficulties were later developed to a concentrate where the buyer could add water to get the the proper ink shade color they wanted. Toucan ink disappeared as Blackstone came on line, and is no longer available. The very first few batches of Blackstone ink could be bought in large 1 liter bags. (something I wish they still had since I need a large batch of Barrier Reef Blue.)

    All the Best.
    My understanding is that Kevin sold Toucan inks, as a distributor, but didn’t make them himself. Toucan were made by Dye Manufacturers of Australia, brand name Tintex. They are still in existence. I have three or four of the Toucan colours, bought when I was in Australia. I also have some of Kevin’s original powdered ink sachets and litre bags of the early Blackstones.

    Going back four or five years, Toucan inks used to be sold by La Couronne du Comte in Europe.
    Last edited by migo984; September 11th, 2020 at 02:22 AM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

    junglejim (September 11th, 2020)

  10. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Some more:

    Landolt-Arbenz (Switzerland)
    Bethge (Germany)
    Bungubox (Japan)
    Chesterfield (?)
    Diplomat (Germany)
    Leonardo Officina Italiana (Italy)
    Manufactum (Germany)
    Saarpen Tinte (Germany)
    Troublemaker Inks (Philippines)
    Yookers

  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Some more:

    Ancient Song (古風韻) (China)
    Antigua’s ink (Spanish)
    Ban Mi (China)
    Bookpens Ink (China)
    Choosing Keeping (United Kingdom)
    Color Station (China)
    David Oscarson (USA)
    Fahrney's (USA)
    La Couronne du Comte has some own inks (probably produced by Diamine) (Netherlands)
    Louis Vuitton (France)
    Nina’s House (China)
    Thornton's Luxury Goods (United Kingdom)
    BIC has ink cartridges, but don't know who produces the ink

  12. #51
    Senior Member grainweevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 819 Times in 441 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    You've scared up a whole pile of contenders there, bebox.

    Quote Originally Posted by bebox View Post
    Choosing Keeping (United Kingdom)
    Hadn't looked at them in a while and had no idea they'd expanded their ink choice quite so much. Still not moved to pay Lunnon prices, mind you, but interesting none the less.

    Quote Originally Posted by bebox View Post
    Thornton's Luxury Goods (United Kingdom)
    Um, actually Illinois, I believe.

    Anyone else looking at this list of everyone and their aunt Lilian having their own ink and wondering why there isn't an FPG one? Opinionated Orange anyone...?

    Which leads me to remember:

    FPN Inks
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

  13. #52
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,047
    Thanks
    2,615
    Thanked 782 Times in 479 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    Yazeh, don't forget the museum's Natural color ink "made from purely natural ingredients according to medieval recipes, filled into hand-blown ink bottles and sealed with corks." Put that in your Homo Sapiens and smoke it!

    .
    That's what caught my eyes at first. But they are not for fountain pens... unless using a safety pen

  14. #53
    Member tooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 85 Times in 35 Posts
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    bebox: I'm still working on some of your adds, but I was unable to find Antigua’s ink from Spain. Can you point me to anything?

    I didn't include David Oscarson from the USA because I could only find one color and it was noted: "This ink was made in collaboration with European ink manufacturers to create this special edition color." I'm not sure it is still around.

    grainweevil: Did the Fountain Pen Network brand Inks? Any pointers on where they might be?

    I've read so many ink ads lately I'm about ready to start using a pencil.
    Have you noticed how almost everyone has created a "revolutionary ink formula"
    But my favorite so far: "...an elusive colour which will perfectly suit a secret and mysterious correspondence"

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooth For This Useful Post:

    azkid (September 12th, 2020), Yazeh (September 12th, 2020)

  16. #54
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,844
    Thanks
    3,967
    Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,804 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    I can no longer find any sources for Louis Vuitton inks and remember that they deleted all of the colours except one blue. However, I can't find it in stock anywhere. Maybe they still make cartridges?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  17. #55
    Senior Member grainweevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 819 Times in 441 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    grainweevil: Did the Fountain Pen Network brand Inks? Any pointers on where they might be?
    Yup, here ya go. Out of stock, and is often/usually the case.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

  18. #56
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,047
    Thanks
    2,615
    Thanked 782 Times in 479 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    grainweevil: Did the Fountain Pen Network brand Inks? Any pointers on where they might be?
    Yup, here ya go. Out of stock, and is often/usually the case.
    They are made by Noodler's...

  19. #57
    Senior Member carlos.q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On a hill in Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,474
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 619 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    bebox: I'm still working on some of your adds, but I was unable to find Antigua’s ink from Spain. Can you point me to anything?
    https://www.antiguas.es/c271963-tinteros.html

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

    bebox (September 13th, 2020)

  21. #58
    Senior Member grainweevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 819 Times in 441 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    grainweevil: Did the Fountain Pen Network brand Inks? Any pointers on where they might be?
    Yup, here ya go. Out of stock, and is often/usually the case.
    They are made by Noodler's...
    Rebranded inks clearly made by someone else seem to be counted thus far (Cult Pens, as an example), but if they not considered eligible, no problemo.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

  22. #59
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    3,961
    Thanks
    1,013
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 1,964 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    I'm gettin' 'em all!

  23. #60
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,047
    Thanks
    2,615
    Thanked 782 Times in 479 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 92 brands from 19 countries

    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    grainweevil: Did the Fountain Pen Network brand Inks? Any pointers on where they might be?
    Yup, here ya go. Out of stock, and is often/usually the case.
    They are made by Noodler's...
    Rebranded inks clearly made by someone else seem to be counted thus far (Cult Pens, as an example), but if they not considered eligible, no problemo.
    http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...e-3-oz-bottle/

    It's written distinctly Noodler's ink, hence my reasoning, your allmighty highness

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •