Thread: Stilform

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Stilform

Normally I don't go in for advertising products on this site (or indeed any other) but I thought this was interesting.

Stilform_Ink

Looks to be a machined, faceted metal pen (aluminium or titanium I think) sporting a screw-in Bock nib. The interesting thing about the design, at least to me and hope others, is the cap closing mechanism. Not sure exactly how they did it, but a pair (at least) of neodymium magnets force the cap to snap on and automatically align the facets of the cap and barrel. Removing the cap requires only a slight twist to disengage the magnets.

I though it was quite a neat application of the properties of magnets, and the pen looks like quite the contender to brands such as Kaweco. Aesthetically I quite like it too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

catbert (September 9th, 2020), TFarnon (September 9th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Default Re: Stilform

looks cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,155 Posts

It took a while to realize what it reminds me of. Apple pencil, of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Doesn't seem too far off from an Ohto Dude (though there are a few obvious differences)

There's a few 'features' I see there that wouldn't do so well for liquid ink getting a little jolt or spatter to the cap.

And while the pen is 'durable' like say the Kaweco AL-Sports, it's still gonna be a mess (and if the fall is high enough to pop the cap off, the nib goes bye bye).

Thanks

I purchased a Stilform gel pen - am I allowed to mention gel pens? - and I like it a lot. It has an unusual shape - two flat sides, two curved sides - and also has a magnetic cap that is fun to fiddle with. Their products are stylish but not cheap. However, at the time of purchase they were offering a good Black Friday discount and postage from Germany to the UK was free. Stilform could well be a brand to watch in the coming years.