Hi. I’ve been shocked at how quickly I have become addicted to fountain pens. Until a month ago I remembered fountain pens as those beastly things we were forced to write with at school when we finally wrote well enough to progress from dip pens and ink wells. Yes, I know, it shows my age!
Whilst looking for something in an old box of rubbish I came across my old Sheaffer that I had been given aged 17. I considered it and wondered if it would still write. It had dried up of course so I gave it a splash in the sink and with my mornings insulin syringe (used of course) I drew some ink out of an ink cartridge I use in my brush pen and squirted it into the old cartridge. After a few minutes shaking and squeezing, miraculously the pen came alive.
What a revelation! I have since bought 3 new pens and ordered more on Etsy, EBay and AliExpress. I am hooked. Pen research has monopolised my free time And I amazed at just how many people are also affected. I fear this addiction is going to become Expensive.