Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Brand new MONTBLANC
    NIB FLEX 18K GOLD
    PAPER AND BOX
    PRICE 1100$
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Conway2015; September 18th, 2022 at 07:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Hi, is this still available?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    I have sent a few messages with no response so not sure if the seller is checking their inbox.

  4. #4
    Member Baisao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 40 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    The user only has 5 posts, all selling for high end pens from Poland. Might be legit but I wouldn’t gamble my money on it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baisao For This Useful Post:

    Bisquitlips (November 23rd, 2021), Detman101 (March 24th, 2021)

  6. #5
    Senior Member SeminarianMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 143 Times in 84 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    I’ll buy !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    sorry, I didn't look here because I lost hope that I will sell or exchange something here

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InkyAccountant For This Useful Post:

    Baisao (March 4th, 2021), Chrissy (November 22nd, 2021), Detman101 (March 24th, 2021)

  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Bump

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Bump

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Nice Pen!!

  13. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    138 sold

  14. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Bump

  15. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    BUMP

  16. #14
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,551
    Thanks
    5,476
    Thanked 8,692 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    724Seney (October 8th, 2022), InkyAccountant (October 11th, 2022)

  18. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    550
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 278 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (October 8th, 2022)

  20. #16
    Senior Member Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    3,885
    Thanks
    2,412
    Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.
    Currently I wouldn’t buy such a pen for more than you can buy it brand new from Montblanc (currently 960€).
    Sure, they are most of the time sold out, but I would set up a notification at the Montblanc Webshop to get notified as soon as it is available again.
    When you get the notification you have to be of course fast.

    https://www.montblanc.com/de-at/full...655664320.html

    This is how I got mine.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

    Cool Breeze (October 18th, 2022), Lloyd (October 8th, 2022)

  22. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.
    Currently I wouldn’t buy such a pen for more than you can buy it brand new from Montblanc (currently 960€).
    Sure, they are most of the time sold out, but I would set up a notification at the Montblanc Webshop to get notified as soon as it is available again.
    When you get the notification you have to be of course fast.

    https://www.montblanc.com/de-at/full...655664320.html

    This is how I got mine.
    I know a person from pen show Poland. You here in this forum are making a very unpleasant atmosphere, you are pissing on people. I personally bought many fountain pens from him for my collection. You are a bloated closed society that trusts no one and sees a thief in everyone.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (October 8th, 2022)

  24. #18
    Senior Member Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    3,885
    Thanks
    2,412
    Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.
    Currently I wouldn’t buy such a pen for more than you can buy it brand new from Montblanc (currently 960€).
    Sure, they are most of the time sold out, but I would set up a notification at the Montblanc Webshop to get notified as soon as it is available again.
    When you get the notification you have to be of course fast.

    https://www.montblanc.com/de-at/full...655664320.html

    This is how I got mine.
    I know a person from pen show Poland. You here in this forum are making a very unpleasant atmosphere, you are pissing on people. I personally bought many fountain pens from him for my collection. You are a bloated closed society that trusts no one and sees a thief in everyone.
    Are you nuts?

    I didn’t indicate any of this?
    Read who said what before posting.

    I only said I would not pay more for such a pen than it costs new right from Montblanc, nothing more, nothing less.
    Imho a used but mint one would be priced about 850€ right.

    As you asked:
    The offer might be completely legit, but imho I agree with the posters above, bank transfer is not advisable, there is no buyer protection.
    I would always buy only with a payment method which has buyer protection, no matter who is selling.
    Last edited by Pterodactylus; October 8th, 2022 at 07:58 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

    Cool Breeze (October 18th, 2022)

  26. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.
    Currently I wouldn’t buy such a pen for more than you can buy it brand new from Montblanc (currently 960€).
    Sure, they are most of the time sold out, but I would set up a notification at the Montblanc Webshop to get notified as soon as it is available again.
    When you get the notification you have to be of course fast.

    https://www.montblanc.com/de-at/full...655664320.html

    This is how I got mine.
    I know a person from pen show Poland. You here in this forum are making a very unpleasant atmosphere, you are pissing on people. I personally bought many fountain pens from him for my collection. You are a bloated closed society that trusts no one and sees a thief in everyone.
    Are you nuts?

    I didn’t indicate any of this?
    Read who said what before posting.

    I only said I would not pay more for such a pen than it costs new right from Montblanc, nothing more, nothing less.
    Imho a used but mint one would be priced about 850€ right.

    As you asked:
    The offer might be completely legit, but imho I agree with the posters above, bank transfer is not advisable, there is no buyer protection.
    I would always buy only with a payment method which has buyer protection, no matter who is selling.
    The nuts has nothing to do with it, but commenting is how much someone sells it is his business if you do not like the price, you have an ebay and the same model for a much higher price. Someone proposes a price for his case whether he will sell it or not. As for bank transfers, here I have a more favorable opinion because there is a risk, although the last one I sold Oldwin to the USA and the forum user paid by transfer via Wise and it was relatively cheap and safe, so you can also. Besides, I often ask for payment by bank transfer, e.g. on ebay, so I bought MB Napoleon from the UK.I paid much cheaper and the user did not pay any commission or taxes and, just like in the American love story, everyone was happy.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (October 8th, 2022)

  28. #20
    Senior Member Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    3,885
    Thanks
    2,412
    Thanked 4,764 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Montblanc Meisterstück 149 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

    Quote Originally Posted by H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.F. GRAF VON HOCHBERG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InkyAccountant View Post
    Seller replied with "bank transfer only".
    Please be careful with this one. Picked up a 149 Calligraphy from Chatterley yesterday. Comes in rarely but happens.
    You did the right thing and thank you very much for warning everyone on this thread. If anyone buys such an expensive item as this using a bank transfer then they would potentially be taking much more of a risk with their money than they need to.
    There is currently another one of these for sale from a very highly rated and long standing member on here that I would highly recommend. I've bought a pen from him myself.
    Agree 100%
    Good advice on both fronts Chrissy.
    Currently I wouldn’t buy such a pen for more than you can buy it brand new from Montblanc (currently 960€).
    Sure, they are most of the time sold out, but I would set up a notification at the Montblanc Webshop to get notified as soon as it is available again.
    When you get the notification you have to be of course fast.

    https://www.montblanc.com/de-at/full...655664320.html

    This is how I got mine.
    I know a person from pen show Poland. You here in this forum are making a very unpleasant atmosphere, you are pissing on people. I personally bought many fountain pens from him for my collection. You are a bloated closed society that trusts no one and sees a thief in everyone.
    Are you nuts?

    I didn’t indicate any of this?
    Read who said what before posting.

    I only said I would not pay more for such a pen than it costs new right from Montblanc, nothing more, nothing less.
    Imho a used but mint one would be priced about 850€ right.

    As you asked:
    The offer might be completely legit, but imho I agree with the posters above, bank transfer is not advisable, there is no buyer protection.
    I would always buy only with a payment method which has buyer protection, no matter who is selling.
    The nuts has nothing to do with it, but commenting is how much someone sells it is his business if you do not like the price, you have an ebay and the same model for a much higher price. Someone proposes a price for his case whether he will sell it or not. As for bank transfers, here I have a more favorable opinion because there is a risk, although the last one I sold Oldwin to the USA and the forum user paid by transfer via Wise and it was relatively cheap and safe, so you can also. Besides, I often ask for payment by bank transfer, e.g. on ebay, so I bought MB Napoleon from the UK.I paid much cheaper and the user did not pay any commission or taxes and, just like in the American love story, everyone was happy.
    Fine if you want to take the risk and gamble with your money, I hope you will not be burned sometime.

    As for the price, I think it´s completely legit to give a hint that the same product is available complete new for a cheaper price from the manufacturer including warranty (the other offered one is also too expensive, just to mention it).
    Not all folks here are experienced and aware of the current manufacturer prices.
    Especially MB stuff is often offered way to expensive by people trying to make a quick buck.

    Personal I think it´s not appropriate trying to make money selling products for more than the manufacturer price, but maybe it´s only me who see this in that way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •