Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple upgrades

Thanks

Default Re: Apple upgrades

Just did a bit of reading and apparently there's a way to force it to open in Catalina, but there are a few things that don't work.

I hadn't tried since I gave in about a year and a half ago and signed up for a CC subscription. Initially I just had Photoshop and Lightroom(and I'd be completely fine with just that 99% of the time, although Photoshop is the right tool sometimes). More recently, I upgraded to a full CC licenses since I needed Acrobat for some work stuff and of course my work won't provide it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Random Note: I gathered up my old, unused Apple devices and found a trade-in/recycling link on the Apple website.

Entered the serial numbers and found that I can send them in and get $350 or so in gift card credit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 15th, 2021)

Thanks

I was using the Apple since 2004 since I changed from Pc. I had experienced several computer failures when I tried to up grade the OS and the hardware had failed. Apple purposely try to diminish all machines by limiting the upgradability time periods, In the past it was long but at the present it is very shorter. So I don't bother doing any upgrading. I have a iMac. nearly 8 years old and running on High Sierra and it fails and gives me a hard time with the present software but I am ok on every thing I do. It was a misunderstanding I did that we need to have a updated computer on everything as apple asked to upgrade our computers.
    IT WAS A PART OF THE APPLE'S SPYWRE TO KEEP HIS BIG BROTHER ALERT ON EVRY COMPUTER to reap our privacy and hook them into the cloud. Every time when there's a Crash they wanted to send a report IN corded INSCRIPTION that we did not understand what we are sending. That's is how APPLE GOT SWELLED INTO A TRILLION SPY BY GATHERING OUR DATA. I have heard very bad thing about the latest release of the MacOs and with that no one could get away from their spyware that is well set into their machines hard ware to the softwares. Lot of people are asking why THEY HAVE SHIFTED ICLOUD BASED ON CHINESe SERVER. WHAT IS I CLOUD DOIN IN CHINA???
    I never think of using any OS beyond "High Sierra" and life is hard but we don't have to comply all what is happening around us by apple . Time to choose a pear or peach which is more healthy.
    This is my own personal thinking and no suggestions and no arguments against those who still love apples.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    Just did a bit of reading and apparently there's a way to force it to open in Catalina, but there are a few things that don't work.

I hadn't tried since I gave in about a year and a half ago and signed up for a CC subscription. Initially I just had Photoshop and Lightroom(and I'd be completely fine with just that 99% of the time, although Photoshop is the right tool sometimes). More recently, I upgraded to a full CC licenses since I needed Acrobat for some work stuff and of course my work won't provide it...
    I won't pay a subscription here. I'm in the UK (+20% VAT) and bought Photoshop CS6 at full price after already having previously purchased an older version years before. I consider that was enough of a spend for the small amount of hobby photo/image editing that I do. I even contacted Adobe and they offered me CC for 6 months free but said if I didn't pay after that if would no longer work. Decent offer but I would still lose what I've paid for and have to find an alternative so would be in the same position 6 months on.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    I dropped Adobe when they went to subscription based services for software (actually, I dropped everyone that switched to that).

I don't do a lot of hardcore photo editing, but now I use Pixelmator Pro.
    I haven't actually played with it(I'll see if I can sometime in the next couple of days) but IIRC the issue with Photoshop CS6 isn't the program itself being 32 bit, but rather the installer being 32 bit.

I know I've tested it with Lightroom 6 that if you install on an OS that supports 32 bit software(10.14 or earlier) and then upgrade to a newer OS, it will continue to work just fine. I THINK the same is true of most CS6 programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Adobe has told me that it will work fine up to Mojave but even if it's already installed it won't work with Catalina onwards. It's definitely 64bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post

I won't pay a subscription here. I'm in the UK (+20% VAT) and bought Photoshop CS6 at full price after already having previously purchased an older version years before. I consider that was enough of a spend for the small amount of hobby photo/image editing that I do. I even contacted Adobe and they offered me CC for 6 months free but said if I didn't pay after that if would no longer work. Decent offer but I would still lose what I've paid for and have to find an alternative so would be in the same position 6 months on.
    I was buying/using from many upgradable Photoshop upto Cs5 and then something happened. So decided to go for the Adobe CCS. Started to subscripted CCS. As my computer is only running on MACOS High Sierra all the upgrading of Adobe has Stopped as CCS Older2020. Actually you don't need all the bells and whistles of upgrading to basic photography. I do photography and My photography is not PHOTOSHOPPED PHOTOGRAPHY so I always can work with any photoshop to maintain my consistency in all of photo work I produce. My subscription seems Ok and cost effective to me and I am continuing with this.

Actually Adobe had first started to employ the lending consumerism virtually from selling the products instead of selling a physical product. Then Apple came with iTunes to sell the Music , then amazon came the Kindle to sell the books. So as the Apples created the icloud to collect data and It is hard to work with a computer with a disabled iCloud. So most of the upgrading is created for fishing the each user identity. All the high security= fishing the data identity start with Mojave. So that's why older external hard disks stopped working with that Up grading.

Thanks

When my daughter spilled some water on her macbook pro (doesn't take much effort to kill these snowflake machines) I had a very good experience sending it to MMFiX (call Martin at (312) 330-5456‬). His price was very reasonable and the turn-around time rather quick.

I found this company in ebay, where he has excellent reviews. Unless I had to, I wouldn't replace a 2015 MBP. I still use my MBP from 2012 and an Air, also from 2012 and have no intention of replacing either any time soon (granted, neither of them's my main computer, but for word processing and the interweb, they're great).

Alex