Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End of the road?

Thanks

Default Re: End of the road?

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cj2020 View Post
    I have limited myself to 5 total pens....
    I hope you've placed a time limit on that...say, one month?
    Lol! I wish! Three years is what I have decided for now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I have limited myself to 5 total pens. I hate having to juggle which one to use and don't like them just sitting in the drawer. This way, other than my Nakaya,which I only use for my journal at home, the other four travel with me and I use them as I fancy at any given moment.
    I think I am done collecting for now, at least for a few years. Saving money for everything else now (kids educations etc). I plan on spending my time hanging out in this forum and admiring all the beautiful pens.
    Five is enough if itís the right five.
    Agreed. I like the pens I have and if I buy a new one, I have to sell one, and I do not like selling something that I have appreciated so much.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cj2020 For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (October 11th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I have limited myself to 5 total pens. I hate having to juggle which one to use and don't like them just sitting in the drawer. This way, other than my Nakaya,which I only use for my journal at home, the other four travel with me and I use them as I fancy at any given moment.
    I think I am done collecting for now, at least for a few years. Saving money for everything else now (kids educations etc). I plan on spending my time hanging out in this forum and admiring all the beautiful pens.
    Five is enough if itís the right five.
    Agreed. I like the pens I have and if I buy a new one, I have to sell one, and I do not like selling something that I have appreciated so much.
    I have two Parker 51ís from 1942 and I donít need the ugly plum color. Iím content 🤭😂

Thanks
    Thanked 7,881 Times in 2,930 Posts

Neither an ascetic
    nor a voluptuary be.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

I'm not at the end of the road, but I do seem to be at a turning point, or pit stop, or traffic light. Or something. I've accumulated enough pens that I find that there are some that I just don't use any more. There's nothing wrong with them; they are all excellent writers (except for one eyedropper that seems to suffer from gastric reflux), attractive, undamaged save for very light micro-scratches from use, and I should probably sell them and set the money aside for when I find a killer deal on a pen that talks to me, or perhaps have nib work done on one I already own that I really like a lot except that I wish its broad nib were a stub, for example. Thing is, I have to be entirely clear on which pens to sell. I once almost put one up for sale that I later started using more and more often, until it became (and remains) my daily go-to pen. I would still be kicking myself if I'd sold it. As for already owning every pen I could ever desire -- HA!
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. ó Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the jokeís on you.)