Thread: Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

Thanks

Default Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

Questions: Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

I've heard a couple different things about what pens the #6 nibs fit and wanted to ask here if anyone has tried them before. Personally, I'm looking to use them with the Conklin Coronet.

Thanks

Default Re: Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

#6 Goulet nibs are Jowo nibs, ground for Goulet Pen Co.

Also from the description on the site, I'm not exactly sure what this means...
    The housing unit on the Conklin Coronet is glued into the grip and is unable to be swapped.
    "The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here..." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1863

Thanks

Default Re: Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

Quote Originally Posted by nicw View Post
    Questions: Do #6 FPR/Goulet/Ect. Nibs fit JoWo #6 pens?

I've heard a couple different things about what pens the #6 nibs fit and wanted to ask here if anyone has tried them before.
    You'll have heard a couple of different things because it's unfortunately one of those "it depends" things. Sometimes even the same make of nib doesn't really fit, never mind "#6 nibs" from across brands. Ideally go with something someone has had success with in the same pen, but even then you have to gauge whether their "It fits" is a "It can be jammed in the section okay" or a genuine "The fit in the section and around the feed is spot on and the nib writes correctly". Be prepared for disappointment, or as I look at it, the exciting journey into nib fitting experience and a box of spare nibs, various, from which to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMovingTarget View Post
    Also from the description on the site, I'm not exactly sure what this means...
    The housing unit on the Conklin Coronet is glued into the grip and is unable to be swapped.
    It means the threaded sleeve that holds the nib and feed together is glued in. I would expect the nib and feed themselves can still be pulled out, but you don't have the convenience of being to simply unscrew the whole unit and screw in an alternative.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

SlowMovingTarget (September 28th, 2020)