Thread: Remembering Lucky

Thanks

Default Remembering Lucky

Drafted by hand in MB Lucky Orange ink in a Leuchtturm 1917 notebook using a MB 146 bought shortly after Lucky went to heaven.

Remembering Lucky
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 30th, 2020), digitalsedition (September 30th, 2020), junglejim (September 30th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Remembering Lucky

Anniversaries can be tough. Lucky was lovely, and his memory is, I hope, more pleasure than pain now. I'll always miss the dog I grew up with. I love dogs, but sometimes one special one
    just has the inner core of your heart.

I have a friend I always send a birthday e-mail to. He's pleased I don't ever forget, but one reason I remember is he shares his birthday with my late dog!

Thanks

Thank you.

It is.
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

BWFP, I know how you feel. In my case my pet was a cat but although I will always miss him and feel sad about him no longer being there, at least I can think of the good times when he was here.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 426 Posts

I'm sure Lucky and all your previous 4-legged friends are waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. As Vertolive once wrote, " Yes. I’m hoping one day I’ll look down that tunnel of light to see Jesus coming with a pack of my dogs at His feet! "

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

All the Best.
    Last edited by junglejim; September 30th, 2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

Thanks

I could use it