Thread: Ink Review: J.Herbin "Vert Atlantide"

Thanks

Post Ink Review: J.Herbin 350th Anniversary ink - "Vert Atlantide"

(First review...apologies for missing information! If there are any specific demonstration requests, list them and I will attempt to fulfill as requested.)

Some information: A very deep emerald ink with shading that encompasses all of the colors on US billfold currency.
    Absolutely marvelous flowing ink that gives heavy shading. You will experience 6 different colors of shading within one sentence.

Flow: In my Penbbs-487 with a heat-treated Ultraflex-xf nib (ultra high flow mod) and Ebonite feed, there were no issues at all with flow. However, with my Penbbs-456 with Ultraflex-xxf nib and Ebonite feed there were significant flow issues. This being a drier ink, I encountered the same level of ink-flow stoppage as with Pelikan 4001 inks. Thankfully I learned the remedy for that ink-flow-issue over the summer and applied it to the ink. Errant flow issues completely gone now.
    I did not do this review with any glitter/shimmer particulate in the ink as I declined to stir the bottle before filling the pen (I syringe-fill most times as the vac fill can be too fiddly for my liking).

Cleaning: Very low difficulty in cleaning off of hands and pen. Glitter removal was very easy also

Notes on glitter: The first fill of this ink that I took had TONS of glitter/shimmer in the ink. I ran through that fill just doodling and marvelling at the shine of the ink in the light of my desk lamp. However, I will say that the shine of the glitter/shimmer does decrease the visible depth of the color of this ink...making it appear much lighter than it actually is. This ink, having both Silver and Gold glitter, shows a MUCH greater level of particulate in the ink when it is correctly shaken/stirred before filling and writing. I will attempt to capture this in a follow-up post after I clean the "Lion rock" out of my gusher-487 and load it with a glittery pull of "Vert Atlantide".

Photo:
    (Scanned image as my phone is an utter potato)
    Vert atlantide.JPG
    Last edited by Detman101; October 11th, 2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Clarity...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

aurore (October 10th, 2020), azkid (October 12th, 2020), digitalsedition (October 10th, 2020), junglejim (October 10th, 2020), Niels (October 12th, 2020), PithyProlix (April 28th, 2021), Yazeh (October 10th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,082 Times in 2,212 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: J.Herbin "Vert Atlantide"

Thanks for the review. Seems like a nice ink. I saw some photos of it, and it went from green grey to green.... Indeed very mysterious......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (October 10th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Thanks for the review. Seems like a nice ink. I saw some photos of it, and it went from green grey to green.... Indeed very mysterious......
    Indeed it does! I believe that if you have a medium-broad nib that is normal wetness it will show the shading variation to a much better degree than my xf-xxf nibs.
    It truly is my Holy Grail ink. I need to order a second and third bottle before supplies run out.

Thanks

More random ink scribblings...(Scanned in though it would not seat flatly)
    SCAN0018.JPG

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detman101 For This Useful Post:

Niels (October 12th, 2020), Yazeh (October 10th, 2020)