Thread: RIP Bob Johnson

Thanks

Default RIP Bob Johnson

This was an email I received today from the Family of Bob Johnson (Founder/Co-Coordinator of the DC Pen Show)..
    (She also included info on the 2021 Show)

"Dear Pen Community,

I have sad news to share with you. Bob Johnson, my brother and founder of the Washington DC Fountain Pen SUPERSHOW, passed away on September 9. I was notified that Bob had a heart attack and passed away peacefully.

My son Jeff and I are still in shock and coping with the loss of someone so dear to us as well as one of the instrumental people in the pen community.

Bob established the Washington DC Fountain Pen SUPERSHOW in 1992 and developed it to become the largest pen show in the world. Bob enjoyed the pen community and thought of everyone as family and friends.

After Bob suffered his heart attack 2 weeks prior to the 2019 DC Fountain Pen SUPERSHOW, he decided to turn over the ownership of the show to his nephew Jeff, keeping Bob's advice and knowledge as support. Jeff will continue ownership and administration of the DC Fountain Pen SUPERSHOW as he had in 2019 and 2020 with my assistance. I worked with Bob at the SUPERSHOW for ten years and Jeff worked for 15 years. We were so glad to be back and see everyone in 2019!

We were disappointed with the necessity of canceling the 2020 SUPERSHOW due to the pandemic. BUT in anticipation of the world wide health crisis being under control in 2021, we have scheduled the 30th anniversary of the SUPERSHOW for August 5 - 8, 2021, at the same location, the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church, Virginia. We will hold a special celebration to honor Bob at that time.

We will shortly be updating the DC Fountain Pen SUPERSHOW website and encourage you to register as soon as possible to reserve your table for the 2021 SUPERSHOW. We look forward to seeing you at the SUPERSHOW.

Please discontinue using Bob's Pencentral website and email, cell phone number, and South Carolina address.

Current contact information for the SUPERSHOW:
    Email: info@dcpenshow.com
    Address: PO Box 5021, Falls Church, VA 22044
    Phone #: 703-214-8148

Thank you for all of your past support of Bob and the SUPERSHOW,

Barbara Johnson, Bob's sister
    Jeff Hancock. Bob's nephew"

-Frank
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (October 11th, 2020), welch (October 23rd, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: RIP Bob Johnson

I am sorry to hear this sad news and wish to send condolences to Bob's family.

Bob was always very responsive and kind to me for which I will be ever grateful.

Over the past couple of years Bob was harshly and, IMO, very unfairly criticized by many (mostly US based sellers) who had "issues" with the way he ran the DC Pen Show. Some even decided to "boycott" the Show. I know for a fact this was very hurtful for Bob. He took it very personally.

But, the world's finest and most highly regarded sellers still traveled thousands of miles each year to attend the Show. Their support & encouragement were a great source of comfort to Bob.

In spite of the "boycotts," those who continued to attend the Show, like me, were always glad they did so.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Thanks

Stay engaged in your online learning community. Actively participate in discussions, how to engage students in online learning reach out to instructors when needed, and take advantage of support services offered by your institution.

Thanks

A fundamental cultural dimension that influences how individuals and societies perceive and interact with authority and hierarchy. Recognizing the impact of power distance how do lawyers negotiate settlements is essential for effective cross-cultural communication.

Thanks

Jewelry has carved out a significant niche for itself, charming wearers with its affordability, versatility, and ever-evolving designs. The captivating world of artificial birthstone bracelet for mom jewelry and explore the factors behind its soaring popularity.

Thanks

Hair accessories are a testament to the enduring importance of traditional japanese hair accessories culture and self-expression. They bridge the gap between the past and the present, offering a glimpse into the rich tapestry of traditions and aesthetics from diverse corners of the world.