Thread: Where can I get feed of Visconti opera master

Thanks

Default Where can I get feed of Visconti opera master

Hello.
    I got an opera master corvina and feed has problem. So, i wanna purchase one but i couldn't find it. Can anyone advise me where i can get one?
    Last edited by dudamara; October 12th, 2020 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Where can I get feed of Visconti opera master

Visconti has the same #6 feed for all of its Opera Master, Wall Street, Divina, all the oversize pens. You may be able to hunt around for an old steel #6 nib they used to offer on the Visconti Opera series to cannibalize.

Thanks

Also, I am not sure but I think* a standard Bock #6 size nib unit's feed will work. Visconti's nibs are made by bock and though the feed is different, it may fit in the Visconti nib unit.

Alternatively, could you share what the issue is with your nib and feed ? sometimes a simple removal of the nib and washing with detergent and water will clear it up.

Thanks

Thank you for your kind answer. I think Visconti pens are not very popular here in S. Korea. Even it took a lot of time to find some pre-owned Visconti pens.
    I check them in Ebay everyday but I never see them either.

Thanks

As I know, it may work but it is not perfectly fitted. Actually, there is no problem with their action but there is little shrinkage. So, I want to change if it is possible. ^_~

Thanks

I'm sure it's a standard Bock #6 feed. They are plastic (mostly ABS) and don't shrink. The nib/feed housing can crack, making things loose, but feeds don't shrink. If you see a gap between the feed and the tines on the nib it is not due to shrinkage. Also, if the nib seems to be too easy to pull out it's not feed shrinkage. The feed has to be reset.

On a lot of Viscontis, especially in the Dante era, the feed came set with a little pressure pushing up on the nib. People would try to clean their pens with hot water, and the heat would cause the feed to relax its shape and lose that set. A gap would form between nib and feed. And without the pressure the nib tines would close up too tight. The pen would be hard starting and way too dry.

The cure is to reset the feed, restoring that pressure pushing up on the tines. That will restore the proper flow and hold the nib more securely.
    Instructions for heat setting feeds are available in this forum and other places online.

Good luck,
    Craig

Thanks

If the pen is new, go directly to Visconti. Anything you do will void any warranty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadoblique View Post
    I'm sure it's a standard Bock #6 feed. They are plastic (mostly ABS) and don't shrink. The nib/feed housing can crack, making things loose, but feeds don't shrink. If you see a gap between the feed and the tines on the nib it is not due to shrinkage. Also, if the nib seems to be too easy to pull out it's not feed shrinkage. The feed has to be reset.

On a lot of Viscontis, especially in the Dante era, the feed came set with a little pressure pushing up on the nib. People would try to clean their pens with hot water, and the heat would cause the feed to relax its shape and lose that set. A gap would form between nib and feed. And without the pressure the nib tines would close up too tight. The pen would be hard starting and way too dry.

The cure is to reset the feed, restoring that pressure pushing up on the tines. That will restore the proper flow and hold the nib more securely.
    Instructions for heat setting feeds are available in this forum and other places online.

Good luck,
    Craig
    Thank you so much for your kind answer. Actually, previous owner tried fix the pen to the tool but there might be too much pressure to the feed. No problem it is working but it is not visually attractive.

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    If the pen is new, go directly to Visconti. Anything you do will void any warranty.
    Unfortunately, it was because previous owner touched the feed. No problem as I knew before I bought it though.

Thanks

It's not a standard bock feed. The shape is different. I know a Bock nib will fit on a Visconti pen, and most likely the other way around; but I'm not sure what happens if the feed is different, since the nib unit is most definitely different.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It's not a standard bock feed. The shape is different. I know a Bock nib will fit on a Visconti pen, and most likely the other way around; but I'm not sure what happens if the feed is different, since the nib unit is most definitely different.
    I also remember it is not perfectly fit. Anyway, I found one shop out of Korea and I bought another nib as well.