Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhodia-like Copier Paper?

Thanks

Default Re: Rhodia-like Copier Paper?

@niels The Clairefontaine DCP looks very well behaved.

We have some very good options listed here. I continue to practice with the Kokuyo KB and have no issues with it. While not as smooth as Rhodia, it’s smooth, and not toothy at all. I also haven’t encountered much in the way of feathering using a variety of inks (Diamine Oxford Blue, Pilot Shin Kai, J. Herbin Bleu des Profondeurs, and Waterman Mysterious Blue).

Thanks

I do not recommend the Hammermill Printer Paper, Premium Color 28 lb Copy Paper for fountain pens as it feathers a lot with various inks (not just boutique inks). Otherwise, the paper is lovely, bright, and has a pleasant texture. Wicks ink almost like a paper napkin. Amazon reviews disagreed but it feathered badly with think and thin inks, flex and fine writing.

Thanks

Try your local paper merchant that supplies local printers or thepapermillstore.com and look for Domtar Cougar Smooth or Super smooth or Digital. If they don't have Domtar Cougar ask what they would consider as a substitute.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I looked on Amazon.co.uk to find the Kokuyu KB paper. It is very expensive. I'm sure a cheaper US printer paper can be found that is smooth and fountain pen friendly.
    My printer isn't always 100% reliable at printing and every so often it screws up a piece of paper. I couldn't pay the price of Kokoyu KB here that's for sure.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I looked on Amazon.co.uk to find the Kokuyu KB paper. It is very expensive. I'm sure a cheaper US printer paper can be found that is smooth and fountain pen friendly.
    My printer isn't always 100% reliable at printing and every so often it screws up a piece of paper. I couldn't pay the price of Kokoyu KB here that's for sure.
    Wow! It’s around twice the cost in the UK as it is in the US. If I lived in the UK I would certainly look for an alternative.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jleeper View Post
    Try your local paper merchant that supplies local printers or thepapermillstore.com and look for Domtar Cougar Smooth or Super smooth or Digital. If they don't have Domtar Cougar ask what they would consider as a substitute.
    I don't have any experience with either Domtar or Xerox branded paper, but as far as I know Domtar makes the Xerox paper. So that might be another route to find it.