Thread: U.K. Paper Special Deals

Thanks

Default U.K. Paper Special Deals

Hello all,

Just a quick note to all U.K. members, I popped into my local Ryman this afternoon ,which has just opened up, and they're selling on special offer Oxford Campus 300 page 90gsm refill pads at £2.99 (W. H Smith £5.49 in store), while stocks last. All the other stuff (Leuchtturm, Moleskine et al) seemed priced as per normal. I was tempted to take the last 4 pads, but can't really justify it.
    They also had a Pilot Metropolitan FP in purple for £9.00, but I think that particular item/price was specific to the Hereford store.

HTH, stay safe

Thanks

Default Re: U.K. Paper Special Deals

Thanks for the tip HH, Ryman are not usually a place for bargains. BTW Amazon is £14 for 3 pads for the same product.

Thanks

Can someone recommend an A5 notebook make in the UK. I just finished a book I bought in ASDA years ago, No brand. Cheep, but thick buttery pages, Pen felt lovely on it. As note books can be expensive I don't want end up buying one after the other to try then out. Any recommendations welcome please.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

In the UK have a look on The Journal Shop web-site or any of the regular UK web-sites for ideas: Cult Pens, The Writing Desk. Especially today as they all have discounts.
    I bought 6 x Silvine A4 notebooks from Amazon.co.uk at a very cheap price and although the paper is FP friendly and is very nice and smooth I wouldn't call it "buttery."

Amazon UK also sells Oxford Campus 300 page 90gsm refill pads in A4 size at 3 for £12.60 There are also some Black Friday deals on this page.
    Last edited by Chrissy; November 27th, 2020 at 04:41 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Can someone recommend an A5 notebook make in the UK. I just finished a book I bought in ASDA years ago, No brand. Cheep, but thick buttery pages, Pen felt lovely on it. As note books can be expensive I don't want end up buying one after the other to try then out. Any recommendations welcome please.
    I use Silvine notebooks, They are made in UK and you can go for a pack of 10 school book style ones will set you back about 10 pounds. They also do smaller Kraft style, wire bound, different paper 'weights' etc. My favourite although not strictly A5 size are the Sylvine originals range. the covers have a lovely texture, paper is nice to write on