Thread: New member from San Diego

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default New member from San Diego

Hello all FP Geeks,

Found this forum a few days ago and decides to join. My name is Ken and I am from San Diego, CA but will be moving to Dublin, Ireland for work. I have had a passion for pens for a long time and got into fountain pens about a year ago. I actually bought my first FP about 3 years ago, a Lamy Safari (which I still have) and I kind of forgot about it until around a year ago when I was clean out a drawer. I cleaned and inked it up and just started writing with it. I have to say that I just loved how it wrote. That’s when I started looking at acquiring more and researching. I didn’t want to buy any expensive FP until I leaned more about using and caring for FB. My next FP was a Pilot Falcon and I just loved the smoothness and feel of the pen. From there I got 2 Cross, Monteverde, Kawaco Student, Lamy Studio, Pilot Metropolitan, and my last east pursuance, which isn’t picture, was a Mont Blanc Blue Planet Starwalker. It is back at MB for a nib exchanged. I bought it in a medium nib but with the paperwork we use at work, there was too much ink bleed so I am exchanging it for a fine nib. All of my other pens are fine nibs. I bought the medium because I want to try it out. I think I will stay with fine nips. Just like how they write and it better fits my writing style. My next pens on my radar is the MB JFK burgundy/gold and. Visconti Homo-Sapien, between the Lava or the Bronze Age. I know they are both luxury pens but I am very. Comfortable using FP now.

When I get my Blue Planet back and when I make my next purchase, I will post. Thanks for read my post and that’s for accepting me into your community. Hope to have good contestations and input from ya’ll.

Ken

F50C3908-41E7-4EED-BF95-D38D6A324D75.jpg
    E4427342-A273-486B-B55B-C2F388181D1D.jpg
    7379DAE6-254F-4D72-99E7-99B62121010F.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sgt1255 For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (October 21st, 2020)