Thread: Save a MB Starwalker cap?

Thanks

Unhappy Save a MB Starwalker cap?

Good morning all!

Recently I cracked the cap of a MB Starwalker midnight (pictures attached). I don't want to send it over to MB as the dollar exchange rate are up to the sky and that would cost me way too much. Couldn't find a replacement for that cap either...

CrackedCap.jpg

1. I'm thinking on trying some approach I found online where folks will just use super glue to fill in the crack and then do some polishing over it. Have you ever attempted something like that on the MB resin? Do you think that may cover and make the cracks unnoticeable?
    2. In addition, as you can see in pictures, the crack is REALLY close to the metal part. Its a bit darker than regular starwalker so I'm wondering if that's some sort of cover or paint/plating and would be removed if I use micromesh / polishing. Do you know? Any thoughts?
    3. If anyone here has a broken Starwalker midnight and would like to sell me the cap, I may be interested

Thanks
    Walter

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Re: Save a MB Starwalker cap?

You're unlikely to make the crack unnoticeable with superglue and it's unlikely to last if that's what you use to fix it.
    If I was you, I would either keep it as it is and live with it, or wait until you can send it to Montblanc for a replacement cap.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Default Re: Save a MB Starwalker cap?

I have the same MB Starwalker but my end cap broke off from the rest of the cap and was stuck on the pen itself. This happened because I over torque the cap while screwing it on once. I have to send it to MB for repair. It is back at the MB store awaiting for me to pick-up. I hope you get ours fix.

Ken