Thread: Pilot Decimo black - EF (or is it F?) nib

Thanks

Default Pilot Decimo black - EF (or is it F?) nib

Until two weeks ago, I had two totes with pen items. One was the items I use frequently (inks, blotters, etc.) and the other was my archive tote of items I did not want to sell at the time I retired them from use. I am consolidating the two totes and selling the items that don't fit my single-tote model.

This is a Pilot Decimo in black. I don't remember when I bought this, but it was at least six years ago, and probably eight or ten years ago. I no longer have Richard Binder's note, but he smoothed this nib unit; that is, at the time of sale he inspected it and made sure it wrote properly.

I have not used a VP or Decimo in years. I liked the Decimo more because it was lighter. The pen comes with the pen body, the converter protector, and the nib unit.

There are many micro scratches on the pen. Nothing super serious. No deep gouges or anything like that. But plenty of small scratches consistent with carrying it in a pocket. I have tried to carefully picture it. Since it is black it is hard to capture the scratches well because you see the reflections of light (which look way worse than any scratch does on the pen). If you put the pen on a desk and stare at it while standing, you will notice some scratches but nothing you can detect with a fingernail. They are all micro scratches.

I am not 100% certain if this is a F nib or EF nib. I just don't have any other VP/Decimo units to compare it to. From memory, I am pretty sure it is a EF nib. That is, I remember EF nibs being even narrower in their line width and MB EF nibs. I have included a writing sample that compares it to a MB 149 nib that has been Binderized to a Waverly XF that Richard told me is 0.4mm. The line from dip testing the Decimo's nib looks finer than that XF nib's 0.4mm width. So I am pretty certain this is a EF nib, but I am not 100% sure. If the writing sample is not sufficient and there is some test you would like me to perform, I will try to do so.

I am thinking $80, including priority shipping anywhere in the US, is a fair price.

Paypal, check, or wire transfer are my preferred methods of payment.

If you would like more pictures or information, please just ask. I have bought and sold many MBs. I know a lot of people and we likely have friends in common.

Thanks for looking,
    Sean
    IMG_1929.JPGIMG_1930.JPGIMG_1931.JPGIMG_1932.JPGIMG_1933.JPGhandwriting_sample.jpg
    Last edited by multiechelon; November 1st, 2020 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Pilot Decimo black - EF (or is it F?) nib

I have changed the price to $80, including shipping in the US.

Thanks for looking,
    Sean