Thread: Review: De Atramentis Pigeon Blue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default Review: De Atramentis Pigeon Blue

de atramentis Pigeon Blue
    Waterman Hemisphere, F
    Clairefontaine Papier Veloute

This ink flows nicely in this pen and feels pretty smooth with minimal, "ringing" feedback, on Rhodia and this paper. Normally this pen has a bit of drag to it but I think it's a bit smoother with this ink.

Hardly any feathering on cheap paper. Also, I love the color. I'm a sucker for any color in the blue-green range.

Dry times are around 15 seconds; the ink seems to dry fairly quickly in this medium flow pen.

The ink shows some nice shading with printing, but very little or none with cursive. Definite darkening with 2- and 3- passes. I saw no bleed through or show through on 90gsm Clairefontaine paper.

Water resistance is moderate. I tested by putting a droplet on some lines for 30 seconds and it had minimal effect, removing hardly any color and causing minimal smudging. The lines remained distinct.

I also put the ink under running water for about 30 seconds. Color was washed away but easily readable blue-grey lines remained. I would call this medium water resistance - not waterproof, but certainly reaistant enough to survive typical accidents. I would use this for work if it were darker. And I wouldn't hesitate to address envelopes or use this for other tasks demanding some water resistance.

No dry out over a couple days. Minimal or no nib creep. No crud.

I'm really liking this ink. I am trying to avoid buying ink bottles for awhile. If I were in the market for a blue-green, this ink would be on the short list, for sure.

Running water test.
    Last edited by azkid; October 27th, 2020 at 05:31 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (November 2nd, 2020), damfino (October 28th, 2020), junglejim (October 27th, 2020), Ole Juul (October 27th, 2020), Pennanngalan (November 8th, 2020), Pterodactylus (October 28th, 2020), Robert (October 27th, 2020), Yazeh (October 28th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Review: De Atramentis Pigeon Blue

Nice review - and I like the color.