Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Ah, now I know who it is. I've had satisfactory transactions with him. There was the time in 2011 he had his penmeister repair my vintage Xemax. He informed me that he returned it by registered mail. You may not believe it, but I had forgotten about that pen and it wasn't until 11 months later I realized I didn't have my Zemax. I asked him for a copy of the paperwork/receipt from the Italian post office, but he said due to the passage of time, he no longer had it. The pen never did turn up. I knew at the time that Italian post is notorious for pilferage, and in light of my other pleasant transactions with him and his good reputation, I cannot blame him.

I read the FPN thread just now, and I believe you are in the same situation. He is entitled to the benefit of the doubt without more evidence.

IMHO, registered insured mail is the only way to go for parcels from Italy. Just don't ignore it for months like I did.
To have sent one pen that went missing in the mail is unlucky, but to have a second one go missing, albeit from out of a packet, seems like carelessness. He should not be sending them using unregistered or uninsured mail.
If I was the buyer who was missing a pen and $250 I would be making a claim for my money back.