Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Democrat Nominee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Default 2024 Democrat Nominee

Biden will be lucky to make it through this Presidential term, and can’t possibly (or believably) win a second.

So if he doesn’t end up the nominee, who will it be?
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Default Re: 2024 Democrat Nominee

Three of the Democrats who served on the January 6 Committe are competent politicians. Adam Schiff will probably run someday. Whoever it is needs to appeal to Republican swing voters as well as independents and Democrats, not an easy situation. It is not as if the Democrats have a lack of talent. Many are perhaps too academic or elite to appeal to rural voters. I don't need a leader to know how to raise cattle or plant corn. I don't care if they change their own oil. I do need someone who has the experiential knowledge to lead globally.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

Yes, those are some of the problems.

So who is that leader from the D side for 2024? They need to be able to beat Trump, Vivek or DeSantis.

It’s certainly not Adam Schiff - and he could never win a national election.

Thanks

I think the pundits say Gabin Newsom has the best chance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emes441 View Post
    I’ve heard the same. I don’t see how he overcomes images of crime and homelessness, let alone the San Francisco “poop map”.

Michelle Obama’s name gets tossed out there occasionally too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emes441 View Post
    I’ve heard the same. I don’t see how he overcomes images of crime and homelessness, let alone the San Francisco “poop map”.

Michelle Obama’s name gets tossed out there occasionally too.
    Right- forgot about the other Obama.

Does RFK stand a shot?

Thanks

Everyone knows I’m a John Kasich fan. He’s smart, experienced, relatable, and moral.

Thanks

RFK’s got the most favorable rating of any candidate, in any party. I think he’s the one guy who stands a chance of beating Trump.

The fact that his party is so against him tells you more about the current state of the Democrat party than anything - and they have superdelegates to rig their primary.

20 years ago his positions would be normal from a liberal Democrat. Today the liberal pundits say he’s a kook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Everyone knows I’m a John Kasich fan. He’s smart, experienced, relatable, and moral.
    He’s not a Democrat.

It’s a simple question, Chuck. Who is the nominee if it’s not Biden?

Thanks

LOL!!
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

I don't think "LOL" is running, but it does apply to a bunch of the Democrat options.

I'll wait for the NYT to tell you who it should be.

Thanks

noone questioning the minimum age to be president?!
    i ain't a US citizen and if i was i'd probably be staunchly Republican, but if the choice was AOC vs Trump ...

Thanks

Still no alternatives?

Even if Biden survives the investigation, there's no way he's going to beat any of the top 3 GOP hopefuls. The conspiracy theorists are saying there's a leaked TSA memo about masks coming back in October, and lockdowns in December due to some new Covid variant. That's not going to work a second time.

The left needs a viable candidate. Chuck thinks it should be a washed up Republican.

Thanks

If you don't like the thread drift, remember you brought up Covid and Republicans.

If masks come back, I will be among the first to use one. As a volunteer, church goer, and in the community, I am around and close to a lot of people. Why infect them if wearing a device will help. It is how you love others as you love yourself. I'll get another variant Covid-19 vaccine soon and a flu vaccine at the beginning of October as I have for decades. For me, it is common sense.

What is unknown at this point is what is the silent majority thinking and especially the informed silent majority. Mr. Biden has been able to improve the lives of millions of Americans and put together programs that will have lasting positive effects. Anyone informed knows this. That no other candidate has come forward at the point means, for better or worse, the Democrats understand that a house divided cannot stand.

If you think Kasich is washed up, that tells me more about you than anything else. I would support Cheney over a whining Trump. She didn't whine. Not being a Democrat, I am not as familiar with them as I am with those on the other side. I only like Christy because he is willing to face off with Trump. I don't find him inspiring.

Thanks

There is no drift to the thread, because there have been no serious answers other than emes441's.

You talk about a need to unite the left and right, and then mention Schiff, Cheney and Kasich - and apparently do not see the absurdity in those suggestions within your own criteria.

Saying "Biden has improved the lives of millions of Americans" is (I hope) simple trolling. Maybe you missed the 8.8% inflation the first year, with the talking point being how it's down to 'only' 4 percent. He's been an economic disaster. Today, New Yorkers were protesting Mayor Adams' filling up old-folks homes with migrants, and he was having them arrested. That's Biden's border policy, with GOP governors making sure "sanctuary cities" got a taste. His only hope is that people hate Trump more than him, but the cost of living increases (not to mention the student loan bills that are about to come due) makes that unlikely. That's not even addressing the 10% for the big guy scandal.

So back to the question. Under the assumption that Biden doesn't run, who is the Democrat nominee? The fact that none of you regulars can answer is more telling than anything.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (August 21st, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    What is unknown at this point is what is the silent majority thinking and especially the informed silent majority. Mr. Biden has been able to improve the lives of millions of Americans and put together programs that will have lasting positive effects. Anyone informed knows this.
    Ok Chuck. Just for the purpose of this conversation, let's forget about Trump and only be thinking about Biden. No comparisons, no predictions, no nothing. Just Biden.

Do you really believe what you have said?? Honestly, other than (some, not all) Democratic politicians, the Biden White House and the DNC, I have never heard a sole say this, which you claim as fact, to be true. I'm not talking about far right conservatives, I'm talking about plain, every day, middle of the road, middle class folks. The heart & soul of America. By and large, just about every facet of their lives has become more challenging and more stressful as a result of the Biden presidency and policies. They are miserable and are losing hope.
    What you say is just not true.

Thanks

Let me share this, and ask if you know who said it:

"The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. ... With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.
    What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. ... there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

Hint: the call came from inside the house. [horror movie trope]

Thanks

The criticisms sound like LBJ or maybe Truman, but the “I can make them believe whatever I want” screams LBJ.

But to the point of the quote, the MSM hasn’t told them who the alternative is, which is why there are no answers (for the most part) so far.

Thanks

Well reasoned, but no.
    Not current, but more recent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Well reasoned, but no.
    Not current, but more recent.
    Then I’d say it was Clinton or his advisor serpent head (I’m laughing that I can’t recall his actual name now).

-edit-

James Carville