Thread: I Cannot Fathom This Election

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Default Re: I Cannot Fathom This Election

Quote Originally Posted by A Smug Dill View Post

If you insist. I already started my very first reply to you with, “I don't find him so objectionable per se,” so I don't how that is a case of “Orange man bad.” It's not a question of the man, but his behaviours that are unbecoming of a chief executive of any high-profile entity, let alone a Head of State. I don't care about his policies, by and large they have little direct impact on me; and I already said, “irrespective of his actual performance in the office,” when pointing out some of those ungracious and questionable behaviours.

American international relations or actions (other than "hur dur, he's a joke"), can be made.
    Did I not specifically mention antagonising China, in a particularly immature and churlish way no less?

It's not “Trump's a joke.” It's “USA run by Trump is a joke” to people outside. That's what makes him a bad President of the United States, without my needing to study his policies or assess the impact of such.

There are plenty of policies that could be addressed. You choose not to.
    Yes, I choose not to. His administration makes USA look like such a joke that I don't have any interest in looking at his policies, to find in what ways the country may be going in “the right direction” nevertheless. That's part and parcel of the point I'm making. It's superficial, but it's not about the Orange man as an individual, albeit a powerful one; it's about how the country — either metonymically or synecdochically — is seen because of him.

A CEO of a profitable company can still be considered a bad employee and bad Number One representative of the company, and pressured to resigned by the owners or Board of Directors, for public behaviours that tarnish the company's reputation in the public eye. The world is the public eye, in relation to a single country.
    Why continue with the reiteration? Orange man is bad. You admit your point is superficial. Got it.

Steve Jobs was an asshole too. You can write him off at just that, or you can evaluate what he did and didn't do for the now trillion-dollar company.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post: