Default Re: I Cannot Fathom This Election

[QUOTE=dneal;310248]
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

@ethernautrix

The National Review ...good read...........

More BS from above....Excuses are like assholes Everybody got one [Dude in the movie]

Well gotta go..Some chow and glass of Overture by Opus One.....

And The Beat Goes On

Fred
    Fascinatin'

2018, from that neo-con conservative rag The New York Times

Fascinatin...ain't it......Certainly Whoop Whoop Whoop Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Sure is Pal........and The Beat Goes On whilst the Grifter robs those suckers....

Still your friend and his..

Fred
    Say Good Night Gracie
    You consistently mistake (or misrepresent) the point. This isn't about whether or not some mass fraud event happened to Trump. It's about whether or not it could happen - to any candidate red or blue - and how we avoid that.

The problems with electronic voting machines has been pointed out by both sides, for almost 20 years. It has come to a head this year. We need to be able to assure the country in this and future elections if we're going to keep using these sorts of systems.

If you're not going to bother to look into it, and I'm fuggin' spoonfeeding the information at this point; at least stop with the "BS" / "Beat goes on" bullshit responses. It just exemplifies and exacerbates the divisiveness.
    [B]More BS...Perhaps you look into {again} Covid-19....The Mike Foxtrot has helped kill so far 271K fellow Americans with 13.8 M cases of..........

And {pause} The beat Goes On.....

Now back to me black coffee and I'm gonna hit the road on me R-69S.......................

Still your friend and mine..Have a great day.............

Fred/B]
    Easy to blame, but where’s your evidence? Do we need to wait until a judge reviews it? All I’m hearing is sounds from the echo chamber... Fascinatin’
    Sure is Pal. I only hear one echo. 'Tis all BS.
    And You Have the Last Word.....{ThumbsUpThingie}

Still your friend and mine,

Fred

Thanks

Today, Trump went on a lunatic rant claiming all his usual stuff. Link to video here, and summary of all the other Trumpists raging across the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...747_story.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to welch For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (December 3rd, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by welch View Post
    Today, Trump went on a lunatic rant claiming all his usual stuff. Link to video here, and summary of all the other Trumpists raging across the country.

and he called it his most important speech of his presidency

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

And which of you watched the speech, as opposed to just retelling the headline you read in your favorite news source? I suspect neither.

Here's the digital front page of today's (3 Dec) Washington Post. You know, the paper that states "Democracy dies in darkness".

WashPost 12-3-20.png

Trump escalates baseless attacks with a 46-minute video rant.

That's a headline for a "news" article? Why are there adjectives characterizing it? Why isn't it over in the opinion column to the right?

Do you mean to tell me that almost 12 hours of hearings held in Michigan, by both houses of the legislature (the House hearing ended about 10pm last night), aren't newsworthy? Where's the testimony from former Senator Patrick Colbeck, who describes chain of custody problems he personally witnessed? Where's the testimony from Phil Waldron, who has analyzed the entire state of Michigan's election results. Does the Washington Post tell you that six Michigan districts had 100% voter turnout? Four had 120% voter turnout? The Edison system that feeds news outlets showed decimal votes? 12,000 voters also have obituaries? That's just scratching the surface of the testimony, which is a portion of the documentation included in his affidavit.

Democracy dies in darkness, indeed.

Thanks

If you voted for this person surely you have some remorse. My HS chemisty instructor used to say, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (December 3rd, 2020), welch (December 3rd, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    If you voted for this person surely you have some remorse. My HS chemisty instructor used to say, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Shame.jpg

Thanks

Yesterday, Trump ranted an accumulation of nonsense:
    Escalating his attack on democracy from within the White House, President Trump on Wednesday distributed an astonishing 46-minute video rant filled with baseless allegations of voter fraud and outright falsehoods in which he declared the nation’s election system “under coordinated assault and siege” and argued that it was “statistically impossible” for him to have lost to President-elect Joe Biden.

Standing behind the presidential lectern in the Diplomatic Reception Room and flanked by the flags of his office and of the country whose Constitution he swore an oath to uphold, Trump tried to leverage the power of the presidency to subvert the vote and overturn the election results.

The rambling and bellicose monologue — which Trump said “may be the most important speech I’ve ever made” and was delivered direct-to-camera with no audience — underscored his desperation to reverse the outcome of his election loss after a month of failed legal challenges and as some key states already have certified Biden’s victory.

The president’s latest salvo came a day after his attorney general, William P. Barr, said the Justice Department had found no evidence of voting fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election.

Trump delivered in person many of the claims he previously has advanced on social media or that his lawyers have brought on his behalf in courts, which have been debunked or summarily dismissed because there is no evidence to support them.
    All of it seems to be an attempt to destroy constitutional democracy in the US, one of the oldest and, previously, most stable constitutional democracies in the world. For its connection to a global threat, see Graber, Levinson, and Tushnet, Constitutional Democracy in Crisis? (Oxford, 2018). Note the chapters on Hungary and Poland.

Note, just for extreme Trumpism, that his General Flynn just called for Trump to declare martial law so that the US military can oversee a new election.

Of course, judges have tossed Trump's lawsuits, finding no credible evidence.

Thanks

Dr. Linda Lee Tarver. 29 year employee of the Michigan Secretary of State's office. 8 years spent on the commission for election integrity. Former civil rights commissioner.

Her 3 minute opportunity to speak to the Michigan Committee turned into 37 minutes of answering questions from Senators. Is any of this covered in the major media? Not that I can find.

Instead, you end up with individuals creating new YouTube channels to post the testimony, that will be quickly dismissed because they chose the name "The Kraken Institute". Clearly just conspiracy theorists. The failure of the media to cover the actual news clearly and comprehensively is precisely what drives people to partisan (and in many cases actual "conspiracy theory") sources of information.

No one will watch this either (which is to say that no one will make themselves informed, and listen to an argument reasonably put forth); but I'm not surprised.

Since we're now introducing "horse laughs" and arguments from emotion as reason instead of rhetoric, I'll just say that if you disagree with her you're a racist and a misogynist. That's how that works, right?

BTW Chuck, I didn't vote for Trump in this or the 2016 election.

Thanks

Escalating his attack on democracy from within the White House, President Trump on Wednesday distributed an astonishing 46-minute video rant filled with baseless allegations of voter fraud and outright falsehoods in which he declared the nation’s election system “under coordinated assault and siege” and argued that it was “statistically impossible” for him to have lost to President-elect Joe Biden.

Standing behind the presidential lectern in the Diplomatic Reception Room and flanked by the flags of his office and of the country whose Constitution he swore an oath to uphold, Trump tried to leverage the power of the presidency to subvert the vote and overturn the election results.

The rambling and bellicose monologue — which Trump said “may be the most important speech I’ve ever made” and was delivered direct-to-camera with no audience — underscored his desperation to reverse the outcome of his election loss after a month of failed legal challenges and as some key states already have certified Biden’s victory.

The president’s latest salvo came a day after his attorney general, William P. Barr, said the Justice Department had found no evidence of voting fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election.

Trump delivered in person many of the claims he previously has advanced on social media or that his lawyers have brought on his behalf in courts, which have been debunked or summarily dismissed because there is no evidence to support them.
    All of it seems to be an attempt to destroy constitutional democracy in the US, one of the oldest and, previously, most stable constitutional democracies in the world. For its connection to a global threat, see Graber, Levinson, and Tushnet, Constitutional Democracy in Crisis? (Oxford, 2018). Note the chapters on Hungary and Poland.

Note, just for extreme Trumpism, that his General Flynn just called for Trump to declare martial law so that the US military can oversee a new election.

There's the left's version of the truth. For example: Catherine Herridge of CBS already pointed out the erroneous claim that Barr said the DOJ had found no evidence of fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine Herridge
    Some media outlets have incorrectly reported that the Department has concluded its investigation of election fraud and announced an affirmative finding of no fraud in the election. That is not what the Associated Press reported nor what the Attorney General stated,” a spokesperson said. “The Department will continue to receive and vigorously pursue all specific and credible allegations of fraud as expeditiously as possible.”

Thanks

crazy begetting crazy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

welch (December 3rd, 2020)

Thanks

No one will watch this either...
    Talk about arguing from emotion...if you actually mean this, then don't post it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    No one will watch this either...
    Talk about arguing from emotion...if you actually mean this, then don't post it.
    You're really grasping with that one. I thought you were done with the thread except for kazoolaw.

Thanks

You're really grasping with that one. I thought you were done with the thread except for kazoolaw.
    Sorry, no, I'm not taking responsibility for that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kazoolaw For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 3rd, 2020)

Thanks

'Tis Like Flogging A Dead Horse.

Mmm-boy, are you ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------
    ------------------------ ------------------ ------------------------- ----------
    Reggie Van Gleason III

{Freakin'SmileyFaceTimeThingie}

Fred

Thanks

'Tis Like Flogging A Dead Horse.

Mmm-boy, are you ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------
    ------------------------ ------------------ ------------------------- ----------
    Reggie Van Gleason III

{Freakin'SmileyFaceTimeThingie}

Fred
    More from the TDS echo chamber.

Fascinatin’

Thanks

December 8 is coming closer...

Thanks

So back on topic.

The Georgia Senate held their hearings today, and it was one of the best I've seen so far. Most interestingly (or shockingly) was video evidence of likely fraud.

Jackie Pick shows video of the absentee counting area, and narrates it.

In summary:

- The video is from State Farm Arena in Fulton County, where absentee ballots are being counted.
    - at around 10pm, workers announce that they are going to stop counting and will resume in the morning. Everybody is told to leave.
    - You see ballot tubs being rounded up and secured, and people (to include the media and GOP observers) leave.
    - 4-6 workers remain seated at their workstations.
    - When all outside observers (and media) leave, they start pulling black tubs of ballots from under cloth covered tables and start scanning them.
    - More ballots are brought in and scanning continues for approximately two hours.

The events and times correspond to affidavits filed. Were these affiants just delusional?

I'll be waiting with bated breath to see this reported by CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times, etc...

Last edited by dneal; December 3rd, 2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Found a shorter video of just the pertinent portion of the hearing.

Thanks

That's not "evidence of likely fraud." That's evidence of vote tallying after observers leave. There's a big difference. For "fraud," you need to prove that the votes on the paper do not correspond to votes in the e-system, and that this discrepancy was intentional. The accuracy of the count has already been paper-checked to great accuracy in this state, and again quality control checked with randomized samples.

Case dismissed.

Thanks

That's not "evidence of likely fraud." That's evidence of vote tallying after observers leave. There's a big difference. For "fraud," you need to prove that the votes on the paper do not correspond to votes in the e-system, and that this discrepancy was intentional. The accuracy of the count has already been paper-checked to great accuracy in this state, and again quality control checked with randomized samples.

Case dismissed.
    Dude, it's ILLEGAL for them to keep tallying after observers leave. Why did they start pulling shit out from under the couple of tables with cloths over them? Yeah, it's Trump and his supporters that are delusional.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Admit it, you didn't watch the video.

--edit--

Here's a minute and a half video for your short attention span.

Last edited by dneal; December 3rd, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks

Case dismissed.
    Dude, it's ILLEGAL for them to keep tallying after observers leave. Why did they start pulling shit out from under the couple of tables with cloths over them? Yeah, it's Trump and his supporters that are delusional.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

p.s.: admit it, you didn't watch the video.
    If it's "illegal," then get the charge right. This isn't "fraud," which is exactly what you called it.

No court will reverse or cancel or redo an election on this scenario because it ISNT FRAUD and isn't systemic (in other words, it doesn't matter). Certification of a vote does not imply that it was done entirely properly nor that every vote was properly tallied. That is NEVER (and has NEVER been) possible to ascertain. Every certified vote result in the past has had irregularities in it. You must know this. I feel like I am stating the obvious. Counting votes after observers leave is NOT FRAUD and is not even evidence of an inaccurate vote. This state's vote has been hand-recounted on paper and has been control-checked through random sampling. All the results have been within more narrow margins than ever before (the elections commissioner said this). This thing is done, except for the howling and gnashing of teeth of the losers trying to find any sort of fingerhold as the December 8 deadline cliff approaches....