Thread: File under 'Technology will make life simpler'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: File under 'Technology will make life simpler'

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Seems like all the years of saying "when we upgrade" as answer to technical problems but never actually doing it has bitten them in the you-know-where. Too bad, because the resource of info on there is incredibly useful and it'd be a real loss if it disappears. Fingers Nibs crossed, I s'pose.
    In the event of a catastrophic failure, there are ways to recover such wealth of data, such as using google cache system or internet wayback machine. It will be a lenghty task, but worth it.

Thanks

Default Re: File under 'Technology will make life simpler'

Quote Originally Posted by aquafox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    Seems like all the years of saying "when we upgrade" as answer to technical problems but never actually doing it has bitten them in the you-know-where. Too bad, because the resource of info on there is incredibly useful and it'd be a real loss if it disappears. Fingers Nibs crossed, I s'pose.
    In the event of a catastrophic failure, there are ways to recover such wealth of data, such as using google cache system or internet wayback machine. It will be a lenghty task, but worth it.
    I had a goof via the Wayback Machine earlier this week but it appears that they only took a snapshot of the home page and never went any deeper. But my connection is notoriously &*$@ so I could only look at a couple of examples and thus will be more than happy to discover I'm wrong. Maybe someone PM me if so - this thread has lurched into murky waters I'd rather not wade through.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.