Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: FPG Refuges Status Area: The 2020 FPN Diaspora

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Default Re: FPG Refuges Status Area: The 2020 FPN Diaspora

I still contend the forum is very observed, just not very moderated.
    Last edited by Farmboy; December 14th, 2020 at 08:12 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (December 14th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    1. You don't know that for a fact.
    2. As I've mentioned earlier, moderation is less of an issue at this point then actual administration of the site. I.E. taking care of business.
    3. In some very important ways, it is irrelevant. There was ZERO communication during any of this, unacceptable in a hosted public forum.
    4. "Very observed" is also meaningless when it is combined with "can't be bothered to lift a finger for nearly 2 weeks".

I'm applying the same rules I gauge any social forum by to this particular instance. You either do the job in good faith or you don't, which means you offer that job up to other parties or you decide it's worth your time again. I'm also way beyond speaking on my behalf or looking out for myself, but making these statements because I believe, on principle, that we do deserve a more responsive running of the forum. IMNSHO, in case you were wondering.

NOTE: To any who are unaware, the Boy From the Farm and I are well-acquainted. He understands my 'tone of voice', as well.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; December 14th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 14th, 2020), Chrissy (December 14th, 2020), eachan (December 15th, 2020), manoeuver (December 15th, 2020), Ole Juul (December 14th, 2020), penwash (December 14th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    [These efforts, although not sufficient for all you seek, are at least something...
    Yes, that is true. I don't want to come across as an ingrate and I'm hopeful that Chrissy is aware of that.

I'll also take a moment here to thank you, T, as well as RobJohnson: you both took bullets that you didn't have to, and stuck your necks out when it was really ugly. I'm sorry that you both got dragged into it and I don't have any way of getting in touch with Rob, so I just want to very publicly acknowledge your help and words of support over the last couple of weeks.

Along those lines, also my gratitude goes out to many, many people who also made supportive comments in the forum, as well as those that connected with me through other channels. It is this community of people, looking out for one another, that is the reason I'm still here. I'm hoping we all get past this - is 2021 a good demarcation? - and maybe address some of the underlying issues. No matter all that, it is the encouragement and support from many good people on the forum that makes me all the more adamant about having a solid, comfortable place to be and talk about pens and life.

NOTE #2: that AgricultralYouth from the post above is also included in the "Stalwart Friends" society that has kept me steady recently. Props.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; December 14th, 2020 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Clarity
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 14th, 2020), catbert (December 14th, 2020), eachan (December 15th, 2020), penwash (December 14th, 2020), RobJohnson (December 14th, 2020), TSherbs (December 14th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    1. You don't know that for a fact.
    2. As I've mentioned earlier, moderation is less of an issue at this point then actual administration of the site. I.E. taking care of business.
    3. In some very important ways, it is irrelevant. There was ZERO communication during any of this, unacceptable in a hosted public forum.
    4. "Very observed" is also meaningless when it is combined with "can't be bothered to lift a finger for nearly 2 weeks".

I'm applying the same rules I gauge any social forum by to this particular instance. You either do the job in good faith or you don't, which means you offer that job up to other parties or you decide it's worth your time again. I'm also way beyond speaking on my behalf or looking out for myself, but making these statements because I believe, on principle, that we do deserve a more responsive running of the forum. IMNSHO, in case you were wondering.

NOTE: To any who are unaware, the Boy From the Farm and I are well-acquainted. He understands my 'tone of voice', as well.
    These are excellent points, well worth making.
    I don't know enough information behind the original back story so can't comment on it but it seems to me that if there is only one person left running the place and he doesn't want to or doesn't have time to do it then he should let it go to someone who still wants to run it. I can't get my head around this apparent I don't want it but no-one else is having it attitude. What is the point? Life is too short. It makes me very sad.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 14th, 2020), eachan (December 15th, 2020), Jon Szanto (December 14th, 2020), manoeuver (December 15th, 2020), Ole Juul (December 15th, 2020), penwash (December 14th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    [These efforts, although not sufficient for all you seek, are at least something...
    Yes, that is true. I don't want to come across as an ingrate and I'm hopeful that Chrissy is aware of that.

I'll also take a moment here to thank you, T, as well as RobJohnson: you both took bullets that you didn't have to, and stuck your necks out when it was really ugly. I'm sorry that you both got dragged into it and I don't have any way of getting in touch with Rob, so I just want to very publicly acknowledge your help and words of support over the last couple of weeks.

Along those lines, also my gratitude goes out to many, many people who also made comments in the forum, as well as those that connected with me through other channels. It is this community of people, looking out for one another, that is the reason I'm still here. I'm hoping we all get past this - is 2021 a good demarcation? - and maybe address some of the underlying issues. No matter all that, it is the encouragement and support from many good people on the forum that makes me all the more adamant about having a good place to be.

NOTE #2: that AgricultralYouth from the post above is also included in the "Stalwart Friends" society that has kept me steady recently. Props.
    No problem Jon, I wasn't prepared to see a man get hurt by a crackpot, we are all better than that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

Dreck (December 15th, 2020), Jon Szanto (December 14th, 2020), Morgaine (December 15th, 2020), penwash (December 14th, 2020)

Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baisao For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (December 18th, 2020), Ole Juul (December 17th, 2020), Yazeh (December 18th, 2020)

Thanks

Jon is going to complain about something, even when there is nothing to complain about. He whined on another forum when a few folks decided to discuss an Esterbrook Deluxe by asking is there was not an Esterbrook forum. It was unnecessary and lame, but his response was basically that he would communicate how he wanted regardless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Jon is going to complain about something, even when there is nothing to complain about. He whined on another forum when a few folks decided to discuss an Esterbrook Deluxe by asking is there was not an Esterbrook forum. It was unnecessary and lame, but his response was basically that he would communicate how he wanted regardless.
    You are so special. Anyone is welcome to read the thread and they'll see it was all innocent enough. It was also very clear who it was behind the username, and notable that you were the only snowflake to have a meltdown, and small enough that you felt the need to bring it here, to a second forum.

Very small.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; December 18th, 2020 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added the darling little 'waving' emoji.

~ Benjamin Franklin

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

eachan (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks

Pinch me.

For a minute there I thought I was looking at Facebook.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

What’s a Reasterbrook?

Thanks

If you have an issue with someone's actions or comments on another forum, why not post your displeasure on that forum, don't bring it here thank you very much.

Better still, just ignore that person on the forums or click the X at the top right and give us all a break.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobJohnson For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 19th, 2020), eachan (December 19th, 2020), mizgeorge (December 19th, 2020), silverlifter (December 18th, 2020), TSherbs (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

The irony in this post is delicious.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,750 Posts

The longer I am on innerwebz forumz, the less I want to post anything to cause someone distress.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The longer I am on innerwebz forumz, the less I want to post anything.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to grainweevil For This Useful Post:

penwash (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks

I don't see the point in getting emotionally involved with petty comments. They are what they are, and it's rarely important. People are human and I think it is better to see their expression from that point of view.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ole Juul For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 19th, 2020), NumberSix (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks

This is unnecessary & unhelpful.

You seem to enjoy policing language and tone. Maybe you should start with your own.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 19th, 2020), eachan (December 19th, 2020), NumberSix (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks

^ I must agree. Chuck, you started out well but have gone downhill recently.

This thread seems to have become the one where you go to offload your unpleasantness.

Edited to say I meant that "You" in the general way, not just Chuck. Why did the English language dispense with the useful you plural?
    Last edited by eachan; December 19th, 2020 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post
    Why did the English language dispense with the useful you plural?
    It's alive and well in Australia (youse) and the US (y'all).
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,440 Times in 2,523 Posts

...complain about something....

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

dneal (December 19th, 2020), Jon Szanto (December 19th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post
    Why did the English language dispense with the useful you plural?
    It's alive and well in Australia (youse) and the US (y'all).
    And "youse" in Glasgow. It's polite written English that has lost it. And received-pronunciation BBC English.