Thread: Identify my Pen.

Thanks

Post Identify my Pen.

Hi, I am a new member posting for the first time. I collect and regularly trade/buy/sell to refresh my pen selection. When I have a new pen I like to investigate everything about it as precisely as possible. Here is one of those I am not certain of, or am I over-thinking it? This lovely Parker Lucky Curve Duofold in black bchr with crisp surface imprint. A button filler with a lovely large 14k nib. It is a Canadian made pen with some surface wear and it works and writes beautifully. My problem with this pen is that it is 127mm x 14mm(cap band). Parker did not make a 127mm Duofold apart from the 1928 Special smaller option, however, I cannot find reference to the '28 Specials being made in black bchr with surface imprinting. [IMG]R8A9685.jpeg[/IMG][IMG]R8A9676jpeg[/IMG]. Is this just the pen collector curse of never being satisfied and always second guessing our own knowledge. Any thoughts? C
    Having problems loading photos to the post, just early teething problems, I hope. C

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Default Re: Identify my Pen.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. You mentioned the issue; Canadian made. It seems that most Parker manufacturing units were somewhat autonomous and sometime strayed from the play book. Such digressions were also seldom noted.

Thanks

Hi Chuchlan, and welcome.

I think there are some recent spam blocks in place regarding newly signed up members. I'm not sure what the solution is, but try posting in the introductions and see if having another post under your belt works. That obviously also serves the purpose of introducing yourself. You could also PM me a link to the photo and I'll put it in my post here.

Thanks

Thanks Jar for your comment. I think you are right as far as independent thinking from different Parker divisions. As usual, I am overthinking the puzzle, hoping to find that one-off trial pen made to individual specs and, of course, worth a small fortune. Oh well, we can all dream of finding that holy grail, such as a 1938 'Blood Red' 51 from Uruguay. The search goes on.
    This pen is unfortunate in that a previous custodian possibly had a curious habit of rubbing at the barrel. The Parker/Toronto imprint is crisp and clear for its age, but the Lucky Curve banner is completely worn away, as if never there. I am a fan of the patina and wear of older pens as it tells a story of the pens use. I repair or make good, clean manually or ultrasonic, and then leave the pen with its history wear. I am not a big fan of fully refurbished vintage pens that look if they wear bought only yesterday, and usually have a premium price to match.
    Hopefully when i can upload some pics, I will be able to share some more thoughts on my more interesting pens, C.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuchulan For This Useful Post:

eachan (November 10th, 2020)