Thread: TWSBI ECO

Thanks

Default TWSBI ECO

So this may not be a "repair" per se, but im wanting to modify my Twsbi eco with different nibs. Is there anywhere that sells nibs which would fit the ECO AND also come with different kinds of grinds (i.e. cursive italic, architect, etc.)?

Thanks

Default Re: TWSBI ECO

Now depending on regions you can look at different retailers, most will sell the nibs that are same size as eco. Goulet pens has some jowo nibs. appelboom has several nib options. For specific grinds you might need to look at specialized retailers and people who sell such, for me Kanwrite nibs do just fine and they have some decent options of grinds too, I however am unaware if these will fin in eco or how hard will it be to ship them in current times. Other option is visiting nibmeister, not worth for eco as the process will likely cost more then pen and new nib combine for some special grinds.

Now nib swap in eco is from my knowledge a friction fit and you can pull it off and get new nib. There is a issue though, eco plastic body is not very.....well lets just say durable....and there is a chance it might crack...have seen it happen and it varies from "oh well a hair line" to "oh boy, its done"....so be careful of this fact. They are not screw type so this is high possibility of happening.

good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimy For This Useful Post:

Detman101 (November 30th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: TWSBI ECO

Somewhere like FPNibs? Might be a bit spendy for an Eco, but then folks have been known to put a 14K nib on a Lamy Safari, so why not.

Dimy is wise to warn you of the possibility of cracking though. TWSBIs do have a bit of reputation.
    In the words of Paul Simon, you can call me Al.