Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

Thanks

Default Re: IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

If there is to be a rule about such posts, I would suggest that it be an expectation the posts are fact / evidence based and not contain personal attacks or character assassinations.
    Believe it or not, there is such a rule. In addition, the person or company complained of should be contacted and given the opportunity to reply. Of course no-one pays a blind bit of notice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eachan For This Useful Post:

RobJohnson (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    In don't understand the big deal about "naming and shaming." After all, what happens? Discussion. The issue balances out, more or less, in the scolding stage. People are quick to correct.
    It depends if the shamed party has an opportunity to present their side of the story. There was the very recent example where someone opened threads here and on FPN and pretty blatantly misrepresented the facts in order to paint themselves in a sympathetic light. It was only much later that the other party showed up and corrected the record.

By the time that happens, lots of people across two sites have read the top of the thread and formed a (negative) opinion of the shamed seller, but may not have stuck around for the rest of the thread (on either site) and read the conclusion.

This is definitely exacerbated by the current situation where people may not have the time, or the inclination, to be reading boards to check this sort of thing. Many are just dealing with the effects of the pandemic on their families, friends, and businesses.

So, yes, it may balance out, But sometimes, the damage is done in some people's minds. I'm not averse to these types of threads, mind, because it does reveal things about the character of both the plaintiff and the accused, but one should always allow for an inevitable element of internet drama
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

Robert (November 12th, 2020), sworist (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

In don't understand the big deal about "naming and shaming."
    On top of what silverlifter has offered, I would suggest another issue: we live in the era of Yelpers. It can get very not pretty. I think there are parallels to the kind of activity discussed in this thread, but I have absolutely no idea how to remedy or if a remedy is needed. It isn't as if bad deals have never occurred, just as there are certainly legions of PITA customers.

Also, is Mr. Dill getting paid by the word?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 12th, 2020), eachan (November 12th, 2020), Stands on Feet (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    ...Also, is Mr. Dill getting paid by the word?
    I think it was explained in the long long post about double posts, crossposts, fenceposts, hyperlinks and golf links.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

bunyip (November 12th, 2020), Chrissy (November 12th, 2020), Jon Szanto (November 12th, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (November 12th, 2020), Stands on Feet (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post

Believe it or not, there is such a rule. In addition, the person or company complained of should be contacted and given the opportunity to reply. Of course no-one pays a blind bit of notice.
    The OP explains how multiple contacts with the seller were made. There has been no naming and shaming here. More like sycophantic protectionism.

Like I said above, this is exactly what these review threads are for: discussing product and seller experiences.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks

In don't understand the big deal about "naming and shaming." After all, what happens? Discussion. The issue balances out, more or less, in the scolding stage. People are quick to correct.

I don't see the problem.
    Nor I, especially when the OP explains how often he has contacted the seller and been confused by the responses. We all know this does not "shame" the seller. It's just one poster seeking advice and making a cautionary suggestion. I, for one, am grateful for it. It doesn't mean that I think the seller is trash. It's another data point shared by an individual. Why are we so protective of sellers? Screw them. This site is not a shill for the selling class.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

If there is to be a rule about such posts, I would suggest that it be an expectation the posts are fact / evidence based and not contain personal attacks or character assassinations.
    Yes the Market Feedback forum has a sticky post at the top detailing those rules.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

A Smug Dill (November 12th, 2020), carlos.q (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post

I don't see the problem.
    Nor I, especially when the OP explains how often he has contacted the seller and been confused by the responses. We all know this does not "shame" the seller. It's just one poster seeking advice and making a cautionary suggestion. I, for one, am grateful for it. It doesn't mean that I think the seller is trash. It's another data point shared by an individual. Why are we so protective of sellers? Screw them. This site is not a shill for the selling class.
    Caution, bend ahead! There is a sliding scale of acceptability here when it comes to being critical of sellers. Some are fairer game than others.

Thanks

Caution, bend ahead! There is a sliding scale of acceptability here when it comes to being critical of sellers. Some are fairer game than others.
    My hands are back on the wheel!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Empty_of_Clouds (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks

The OP explains how multiple contacts with the seller were made. There has been no naming and shaming here. More like sycophantic protectionism.

Like I said above, this is exactly what these review threads are for: discussing product and seller experiences.
    Has the seller been made aware he is being discussed here and been given the opportunity to reply?

Thanks

Has the seller been made aware he is being discussed here and been given the opportunity to reply?
    If you're asking me, I have no idea. Someone said above that they contacted them, but I have no knowledge of this. But to be clear, I don't care. The rules say a mod would do this, but Dan, who wrote that rule 10 years ago, is no longer a mod here. But again, this thread needs no intervention. It is mild and reasonable. The negative reactions have been unwarranted.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks

It is mild and reasonable. The negative reactions have been unwarranted.
    Reason suggests a hearing for both sides. I don't see how you can label one of them unwarranted. As long as the discourse is reasonable, ie., doesn't descend into acrimony or bullshit, then reactions--either positive or negative--are warranted.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    It is mild and reasonable. The negative reactions have been unwarranted.
    Reason suggests a hearing for both sides. I don't see how you can label one of them unwarranted. As long as the discourse is reasonable, ie., doesn't descend into acrimony or bullshit, then reactions--either positive or negative--are warranted.
    The criticism of the OP as engaging in "name and shame" was unwarranted. Suggesting that the OP was somehow out for "revenge" or "damage" was unwarranted. I would call these "bullshit" (your term).

Reports of positive experiences with iguanasell are of course warranted, and somewhat broad in scope (it appears here).
    Last edited by TSherbs; November 12th, 2020 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Yeah. I'm not seeing the shame part. This isn't a courtroom, nor a lawsuit.

Buyer had a confounding experience and wanted to know if others had experienced the same or similar, for reassurance, I gather.

I'm not concerned about other readers who form opinions before discovering more about an issue (Buyer's confusion, criticism, or complaint).

Again, the backlash is swift in these matters -- and generates much discussion. Here we are.

I certainly felt constrained about sharing my experiences with a well-loved and respected nib meister (years ago, back when such posts weren't verboten on FPN). No wonder these vendors are so highly esteemed. There is no other option. Not sure why they need such protection. Some honest feedback could help them improve their business.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

724Seney (November 12th, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks

Yeah. I'm not seeing the shame part. This isn't a courtroom, nor a lawsuit.

Buyer had a confounding experience and wanted to know if others had experienced the same or similar, for reassurance, I gather.

I'm not concerned about other readers who form opinions before discovering more about an issue (Buyer's confusion, criticism, or complaint).

Again, the backlash is swift in these matters -- and generates much discussion. Here we are.

I certainly felt constrained about sharing my experiences with a well-loved and respected nib meister (years ago, back when such posts weren't verboten on FPN). No wonder these vendors are so highly esteemed. There is no other option. Not sure why they need such protection. Some honest feedback could help them improve their business.
    +1
    "What she said.......!!!"

Thanks

IguanaSell has issued a refund, and have issued an apology.

"We already have proceeded with the cancelation and the refund, but due to the high occupancy season we have a slight delay with managing inquiries.
    At Iguana Sell we do mind the prompt responses and the customer service. This being said, our colleagues will work in extra shifts in order to get everything solved as soon as possible."

At this point, it seems like the staff is overworked - especially since it is of the holidays. Perhaps this is the case, where something fell through the cracks.

Anyways, I never meant this to be as a IguanaSell is the worst seller ever, you should never buy from them <- Based on my experience and others you can decide that for yourself, but I wanted to inform everyone of my situation so that one can make wiser decisions with purchases... I also wanted to reach out and see if anyone else had a similar experience, since at that point, it could be a trend not a anomaly.

I have seen plenty of reviews where buyer is happy, and at the end of the day IguanaSell has made it right though it might have been because of the review
    Last edited by sworist; November 12th, 2020 at 08:42 PM.
    -NK

u/sworist

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sworist For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (November 13th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    We all have our own opinions on naming and shaming, especially when the organisation is not involved in the discussion.

The business has been trading since 2007 with a great many positive reviews. Without knowing what is happening inside the business I don't think it is right to condemn the business.

Have you tried calling them? Or used Facebook contact?
    I actually appreciate the OP. This is exactly the kind of info that I appreciate having, in the same way my neighbor and I might exchange info on experiences with local plumbers. We all know that it is just one person's experience. And he also wrote simply to be cautious and do research before buying from them. There are no "condemnations" here, as you say. It's just some anecdotal information about a company that he has actually otherwise had good business with. I've never bought from them, so I appreciate the info, for what it's worth, and that from the other posters as well.
    I have bought from Iguana Sell and very happy with the service. I have made a call to them and suggested that take an interest in this thread.

As I said, we all have a view on naming and shaming, your view is different to mine Sherbs unless the possibly guilty party is involved with the discussion. There have been a number of situations in the past on FPG where a potentially damaging allegation is made and less that half of the true facts have been presented.

This thread has a whiff of sour grapes/revenge more than a reminder of caveat emptor.

Suggest we wait and see if Iguana Sell makes a response thereby giving an explanation from their perspective as to the dispute.

For example, I have recently been involved in an online purchase that was not fit for purpose. The item was paid for by a credit card. The seller said that a refund had been given to the credit card, which was not backed up by the credit card company. After a week, I called the company and they again confirmed that a refund had been given. it turned out that the card company ( the largest in the world) was giving low priority to refunds and the seller was blame free. It would have been a simple matter for me to have gone on social media accusing the seller of poor service and possibly damaging their excellent service history.
    I purchased through paypal. I would have been given instant notification since paypal does same day refunds, while it may take awhile for it to show up on my credit card, it would - and has - shown up on my paypal transactions.

As for revenge, not sure what "revenge" is to be had. I have shared my experiences and you can share yours. While mine was somewhat confounding, I tried to be understanding and have reached out to the community to see if there were similar incidents, or if this was a anomaly.

As for contact, I did try using their chat options, but I do not use Facebook or whatsapp as suggested on their website. I always communicate through email, and it has worked well for me so far.... with responses that were given within 24 hours.
    -NK

u/sworist

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sworist For This Useful Post:

A Smug Dill (November 12th, 2020), Jon Szanto (November 12th, 2020)

Thanks

I think that someone said that they had called.

The seller is in Spain where strict lockdown applies, perhaps the employees are not at work, perhaps the money people are not working.

I have left a message on twitter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sworist View Post
    We all have our own opinions on naming and shaming, especially when the organisation is not involved in the discussion.

The business has been trading since 2007 with a great many positive reviews. Without knowing what is happening inside the business I don't think it is right to condemn the business.

Have you tried calling them? Or used Facebook contact?
    I actually appreciate the OP. This is exactly the kind of info that I appreciate having, in the same way my neighbor and I might exchange info on experiences with local plumbers. We all know that it is just one person's experience. And he also wrote simply to be cautious and do research before buying from them. There are no "condemnations" here, as you say. It's just some anecdotal information about a company that he has actually otherwise had good business with. I've never bought from them, so I appreciate the info, for what it's worth, and that from the other posters as well.
    I have bought from Iguana Sell and very happy with the service. I have made a call to them and suggested that take an interest in this thread.

As I said, we all have a view on naming and shaming, your view is different to mine Sherbs unless the possibly guilty party is involved with the discussion. There have been a number of situations in the past on FPG where a potentially damaging allegation is made and less that half of the true facts have been presented.

This thread has a whiff of sour grapes/revenge more than a reminder of caveat emptor.

Suggest we wait and see if Iguana Sell makes a response thereby giving an explanation from their perspective as to the dispute.

For example, I have recently been involved in an online purchase that was not fit for purpose. The item was paid for by a credit card. The seller said that a refund had been given to the credit card, which was not backed up by the credit card company. After a week, I called the company and they again confirmed that a refund had been given. it turned out that the card company ( the largest in the world) was giving low priority to refunds and the seller was blame free. It would have been a simple matter for me to have gone on social media accusing the seller of poor service and possibly damaging their excellent service history.
    I purchased through paypal. I would have been given instant notification since paypal does same day refunds, while it may take awhile for it to show up on my credit card, it would - and has - shown up on my paypal transactions.

As for revenge, not sure what "revenge" is to be had. I have shared my experiences and you can share yours. While mine was somewhat confounding, I tried to be understanding and have reached out to the community to see if there were similar incidents, or if this was a anomaly.

As for contact, I did try using their chat options, but I do not use Facebook or whatsapp as suggested on their website. I always communicate through email, and it has worked well for me so far.... with responses that were given within 24 hours.
    I don't use Paypal myself but I am aware that they are not good at notifiying of refunds, even though they have instructions from their client.

Have you tried speaking to Iguanasell before going public on their service?

Thanks

I don't see the problem.
    One potential problem is that if the naming and shaming is unreasonable and the injured party can show a financial loss then there has been cases in Europe where the forum AND the poster has been held liable.

The defence for this action by the poster would be to show that the libel was accurate.