Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Default Re: IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

@Dill

That's a long, extremist response. There's no war here, no real battle. It's rhetoric. I don't want anyone to starve or die or go to jail or suffer in the flames of hell.

Well, I can think of a few. But not here at fpg. When I mean something like that, I save it for my prayers.

But this has since been resolved amicably with iguanasell. Awesome! And thanks to sworist for the additional data point to our collective experience database.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    In don't understand the big deal about "naming and shaming." After all, what happens? Discussion. The issue balances out, more or less, in the scolding stage. People are quick to correct.

I don't see the problem.
    One potential problem is that if the naming and shaming is unreasonable and the injured party can show a financial loss then there has been cases in Europe where the forum AND the poster has been held liable.
    Good. Maybe people will learn how to describe their experiences so as not to be found guilty of libel. Ya know, let's not be too hasty: the way to the lesson is through it.

Thanks

I don't use Paypal myself but I am aware that they are not good at notifiying of refunds, even though they have instructions from their client.

Have you tried speaking to Iguanasell before going public on their service?
    The matter with paypal - that it is "not good at notifiying of refunds, even though they have instructions from their client" is blatantly untrue. Perhaps I should call paypal? <- Sarcasm, if it wasn't unclear
    When a client refunds (and I have issued invoices and refunds before) within 3-4 minutes you will get a message of the transaction. This is a automated system where you click "refund" and the system instantly processes it.

I have sent them over 3 emails and a chat message. I thought that was more than enough reminders, with more than enough time so I decided to leave my experience here.

And if you think my statement was libel, I described my actions and theirs and have emails and chat logs to back it up.
    -NK

u/sworist

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A Smug Dill View Post
    I don't use Paypal myself but I am aware that they are not good at notifiying of refunds, even though they have instructions from their client.

But have you tried speaking to PayPal before claiming in public that it is “not good at notifying of refunds” and risking the company's good name?

The timestamp of the email I received from Iguana Sell's web shop platform notifying me of order cancellation is the same (to the minute) as the timestamp of the email I received from PayPal notifying me of the refund. Just now I went into my Iguana Sell account and reviewed the details of the order, and the time of order cancellation matches the timestamps of the aforementioned email messages.

I've been refunded by other online retailers (based in Europe and in USA) through PayPal in the past as well, and there were no delays in email notification from PayPal of such as far as I can recall. In some instances, I was in online chat with the retailer, and by the time the person on the other end told me, “I've just issued a refund,” I've already read PayPal's email notification.

Iguanasell are in Lockdown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sworist View Post

The matter with paypal - that it is "not good at notifiying of refunds, even though they have instructions from their client" is blatantly untrue. Perhaps I should call paypal? <- Sarcasm, if it wasn't unclear
    When a client refunds (and I have issued invoices and refunds before) within 3-4 minutes you will get a message of the transaction. This is a automated system where you click "refund" and the system instantly processes it.

I have sent them over 3 emails and a chat message. I thought that was more than enough reminders, with more than enough time so I decided to leave my experience here.

And if you think my statement was libel, I described my actions and theirs and have emails and chat logs to back it up.
    I have no issue whether or not you libel anyone, not my problem.

Iguanasell have had fair warning, if they walk away from their responsibilities and do not wish to take part is their issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Smug Dill View Post
    I've been refunded by other online retailers (based in Europe and in USA) through PayPal in the past as well, and there were no delays in email notification from PayPal of such as far as I can recall. In some instances, I was in online chat with the retailer, and by the time the person on the other end told me, “I've just issued a refund,” I've already read PayPal's email notification.
    This has been my experience with PayPal email notifications too.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Dill, you seem to be belaboring both sides of this issue. Actually, the matter has now been resolved for sworist. Iguanasell kicked into proper gear.

Thanks

roger roger