Thread: IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default IguanaSell - a weird customer service experience

Hello,

Note that this was for the purchase of a watch, but IguanaSell offers high end pens, namely Namiki and Nakaya so I felt it was warranted to describe my experience here.

I originally made a mistake: I was looking for the Junghans 100th Jahre Bauhaus chronoscope. The 2020 max bill Chronoscope has the same coloring, but with red dials and date. I mistook the 2020 max bill for the 100th Jahre Bauhaus, so I ordered to 2020 max bill. After the order confirmation, I realized my mistake. I emailed IguanaSell for a cancellation (including the reason) - since they do not have a automated system. A prompt reply came saying that Iguanasell would be cancelling the order (customer service email, not a actual cancellation)- but they asked me what the reason for my cancellation was when I had clearly stated it in the original request.

I replied saying the reason again (I mistook the watch), IguanaSell replied asking me if I would switch my order to another limited edition. I said I was not interested and I asked IguanaSell to cancel my order again.

The final reply was "We are sorry we can't get the Junghans 100 anymore. It was a limited edition and we can't get it anymore . If you want to change it we can help you.". ..... which did not mention the cancellation of my order

It has been several days since then, and I was wondering why my order was still not canceled (in fact a email came saying that IguanaSell was preparing my order!) so I asked Iguanasell why this was the case through their chat feature, but all that was said was "It will be canceled soon".

Today (7 days since the original cancellation confirmation by customer service), I sent Iguanasell a email saying if the order was not cancelled by Friday I would be escalating to a paypal dispute.

While IguanaSell has always responded to my messages within 24 hours (1 business day), I am confounded as to why they keep delaying the cancellation and the refund of my order.

I will not be looking at IguanaSell for products and advise you to do your research before purchasing from them as well.

Edit: After I reached out by email, writing a review here among other things the refund was processed within 13 hours. IguanaSell has made things right and while their communication was confusing at times they have always replied promptly. Make of it what you will. Here is the response email I received.

"First of all, thank you for the patience shown.

We already have proceeded with the cancellation and the refund, but due to the high occupancy season we have a slight delay with managing inquiries.

At Iguana Sell we do mind the prompt responses and the customer service. This being said, our colleagues will work in extra shifts in order to get everything solved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us for further questions or help. We will be glad to help. "
    Last edited by sworist; November 12th, 2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Deleted comment about other reviews on other platforms
    -NK

u/sworist