Thread: Which Duofold

Thanks

Default Which Duofold

hey, I'm eyeing two duofolds, given the price are the same which one would you pick?

One seems to be Duofold NS and the other Junior AF? The green seems to have the rubber body "tinted" from the ink inside.

parker.jpg

Cheers

Thanks

Default Re: Which Duofold

For me it would be the NS every time, the first of the cigar-shaped Duofolds. The AF is an elegant design but can be a little tricky to re-sac

Thanks

Agree with Eachan on the AF Duofold but on the basis that it is the Joseph version it would have to be cheap. In fact I think I would pass, there are plenty of good AFs around for not a lot of money without buying a bitsa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post
    For me it would be the NS every time, the first of the cigar-shaped Duofolds. The AF is an elegant design but can be a little tricky to re-sac
    thanks for your input eachan. Assuming no re-sac in needed you'd still go for the NS? Even with the barrel change of color?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Agree with Eachan on the AF Duofold but on the basis that it is the Joseph version it would have to be cheap. In fact I think I would pass, there are plenty of good AFs around for not a lot of money without buying a bitsa
    Thanks RobJohnson, what do you mean by "it is a Joseph version"? I could not find anything online.
    The price of both locally would be around 50 USD after currency conversion.

Thanks

Hi, i agree with both above as the ns is a much more interesting pen. I collect and also sell regularly and i would be embarrassed to sell a Junior in that state, They are very common workhorse pens which can be bought for £15 in superb condition, the clip on the pen awful. The ns is more difficult to repair but with the original early aluminium button it would be worth it assuming you could by either pen very cheaply. C

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRusso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Thanks RobJohnson, what do you mean by "it is a Joseph version"? I could not find anything online.
    The price of both locally would be around 50 USD after currency conversion.
    It is multi colored, the black body of the pen is not a match to the grey cap and the end cap looks a bad fit on the barrel, $50 is about the price for an AF in good order

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-F...8AAOSwHBhfpt-L

A Junior for $50 is about $20 too much.

Thanks

I think i would agree that it might be a good idea to keep looking. As has been said, these are very common. My own preference among UK Duofolds would be the very first type or the NS. Among the later, Aerometric ones, the larger Senior and Maxima pens are good choices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eachan View Post
    I think i would agree that it might be a good idea to keep looking. As has been said, these are very common. My own preference among UK Duofolds would be the very first type or the NS. Among the later, Aerometric ones, the larger Senior and Maxima pens are good choices.

Good advice. The Maxima is highly prized and therefore priced but the Senior would be a good choice.

No real problems but watch out for cracking around the cap lip.

Not sure where you are OP but if you watch for sellers on here and on ebay.co.uk I think you will find a better Duofold for your money,

Thanks

Got it. Thanks guys I'll keep looking then.