Thread: Montblanc Happy Holidays Masterclasses

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Montblanc Happy Holidays Masterclasses

Last night I attended a Montblanc Happy Holidays Calligraphy Masterclass on Zoom. It was called "The Magic of Hieroglyphs"

It was very different to my Zoom meetings with the endearingly wonderful members of the Lone Star Pen Club in Houston Texas because there was no audience participation apart from the ability to ask questions via chat.

However, there was a Hieroglyphs tutor who taught us to write a Christmas card saying "Seasons Greetings" in Hieroglyphs. That is what i learned to do and although I have not yet posted any pictures of the results of my several attempts, including those to draw a lion that represents the letter L (I might become braver about that) I can confirm I do now know how to write Seasons Greetings in Egyptian Hieroglyphs. Beware my penpals; if you receive a home made Christmas card from me, this post is an explanation.

What both amused and amazed me was that the tutor seemed to have a brand new Montblanc writing book and two new Montblanc 149 pens containing blue and red inks. Very nice.

We also saw someone from Montblanc, Hamburg, wearing white gloves, who showed us some Montblanc writing instruments that had been newly reproduced from older models by Montblanc, Hamburg. They all had hieroglyph type engraved details on them. One was even made from hallmarked gold, (hence the white gloves) but I believe that one was a mechanical pencil not a fountain pen. However, she also had a reproduced fountain pen (either silver or gold) copied from an old model. To give you some idea, it looked like a smaller version of the Proust, but it was much smaller, and had a retractable nib, and the cap screwed onto the black plastic end cone of the barrel to make it into a full sized pen. I would have given one a home.

Anyway, I enjoyed the hour I spent learning how to write Seasons Greetings on my Christmas cards and looking at a few pens. There is another Montblanc Webinar on 10th December that I may also join.
    I missed the first one that they had on 29th October, so just in case there is someone here who might like the idea on 10th December, I'm mentioning it here. I'm not sure how one gets the link but here is the registration link that mine came from if anyone wants it.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (November 20th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc Happy Holidays Masterclasses

I've been asked repeatedly if I always write in hieroglyphs.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (November 20th, 2020)