Thread: WHSmiths A5 refills

Thanks

Default WHSmiths A5 refills

I bought some WHSmiths refill paper today. I was looking for some cheap paper for drafting. It comes in three varities - plain, wide lined and narrow lined. They are all 70gsm and cost £2.99 for 200 sheets. (I got 3 for the price of 2).

So far I have found the paper perfectly adequate for dry inks and pens so far. My P51 lays down a nice line with Quink, the Platinum, MB & Visconti inks work well enough, this is some bleed in spots, but it is not partiularly dramatic.

With Waterman tender purple (probably one of the wettest inks I have) there's not much feathering, but a lot of bleed - so much so that I can only use the paper one sided, as there is a danger that the bleed will render the writing on the opposite side of the page illegible.

In conclusion - a perfectly adequate, cheap paper for dry inks and not particularly wet pens. Excellent for drafting before you type up the notes on a pc.

Not partucularly good for wet inks, wet inks or broad nibs that lay down a lot of inks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy For This Useful Post:

grainweevil (November 23rd, 2020), HoarderHoarder (April 23rd, 2021)

Thanks

Default Re: WHSmiths A5 refills

choosing the right sink material depends on your needs, budget, and preferences. Stainless steel, porcelain, cast iron, composite, and copper are some common materials used to make sinks. Each has its own set of pros and cons, and it's important to weigh them before making a decision. With this information, you can choose the perfect sink for your kitchen or bathroom. official site