Thread: Inoxcrom?

Thanks

Default Inoxcrom?

tHello everyone, new here. I'm just a user and not a collector like a lot of you probably are. I'm just starting to use fountain pens again. I ordered a $19.95 Canadian Wordsworth & Black fountain pen kit from amazon.ca the other day. It was a good starter kit for me and I really like it. I had to order it twice because the first one got damaged in shipment. I was bummed out so I went to look for an old pen in my desk. I found a very cheap plastic pen that I picked up back in the 90's for $3-$5 as part of a set that also had a ballpoint and a mechanical pencil. The ballpoint and the pencil got broken over the years but the fountain pen survived. I tossed it in a cup of warm water to wash out the 30 years of crud. Once the pen dried out, I installed a cartridge and tried it.

It's actually a really nice pen to write with. it's like someone stuck a really good tip on a dollar store pen. If it had some weight to it, honestly, I would enjoy writing with it more than the Wordsworth and Black that I just bought.

It says Sankyo P-272 on the side and Inoxcrom and Iridium on the tip. I managed to find out that the company was from Spain and fell on hard times during the late 90's. It was unclear to me if they are still around or not. It sounds like they made some good pens back in the day and it was sort of surprising that they made something so cheap.

So if anyone knows about this company or their pens, I'd love to know. I would really like to have a better version of this pen.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,253 Posts

Default Re: Inoxcrom?

Here's their website - https://inoxcrom.es/gb/

There are lots of their pens available in Europe - including on ebay etc who will happily ship to Canada if you can't find a stockist on your side of the pond.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (November 23rd, 2020)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I'll leave it to others to come up with information about Inoxcrom. But I'll say that there are quite a few very inexpensive pens nowadays that write very well. The Baoer 388 costs $5-$10, is a smooth writer, and comes in stainless steel finish and several colors. It's actually a blatant copy of the Parker Sonnet which is considerably more expensive, though a bit nicer. Many say it writes just as well, but that's always a matter of opinion. I thought of this because you said you would like some weight. The Baoer is solid brass underneath. Expensive pens tend to be light.

Thanks

Thanks. I went to a .com address for these guys and the antivirus threw up a warning so I backed out. I didn't see this site. I'll look around some more and see if I can find some reviews.

Thanks

Ah yes. You get these everywhere except from them. lol Ebay has (seemingly) millions. (another here) There's lots of reviews. On youtube too. There's lots.

Thanks

If you like weight, Inoxcrom made a solid silver FP, with gold nib, of course.