Thread: Sheaffer Triumph, vacu-fil, golden brown, circa 1942-44, with fine nib

Thanks

Default Sheaffer Triumph, vacu-fil, golden brown, circa 1942-44, with fine nib

Just in time for Christmas – Sheaffer Triumph vacu-fil with white dot cap, c1942-44, with golden brown striated finish and size fine nib. This vintage pen is in excellent condition. It was serviced in 2020 by Gerry Berg. Its vacuum function works perfectly. The barrel is translucent allowing the user to determine the ink level. The pen has no chips, cracks, or other damage. The engraving is crisp and complete. The gold plating is nearly perfect .The 14k gold two-tone nib is smooth and reliable, see writing sample. The pen is 5 1/8” total length. The gold plated cap band is 7/8” long.

Price $100.00 or best reasonable offer. Shipping $4.50. PayPal preferred. Sale to USA only. Any questions contact me here.

Thanks,

NK
    Last edited by newkid; December 5th, 2020 at 06:35 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to newkid For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Triumph, vacu-fil, golden brown, circa 1942-44, with fine nib

What a beauty!

Thanks

Default Re: Sheaffer Triumph, vacu-fil, golden brown, circa 1942-44, with fine nib

I'm wondering why you will only sell to US. It just seems a bit odd on an international forum.

Thanks

@ A Smug Dill, Canada isn't overseas.

I recently shipped a very expensive pen to Belgium for repair. That cost less that CDN$20, and the return shipping cost me 15€. No hassle. Didn't take long.

In any case, the buyer pays shipping, and USPS is a stellar service. I'm sure they can do a fine job, as they've done hundreds of times for me.

Thanks

A lot depends on your local post office. Mine is OK for New York City, but that’s not saying much. They used to never have the customs forms out, and one would have to wait in a long line twice to mail a package internationally. I used to be reluctant to sell internationally unless it was a big ticket item. Now you can fill out the form electronically slap on a label and drop it off. (It’s even a hassle to drop things off sometimes, but that’s the same regardless of destination.)

Still, there are more costs (eg Paypal charges & currency conversion losses ) and more risks involved when things cross borders. I can’t blame someone for wanting to avoid them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (November 28th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 396 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    @ A Smug Dill, Canada isn't overseas.

I recently shipped a very expensive pen to Belgium for repair. That cost less that CDN$20, and the return shipping cost me 15€. No hassle. Didn't take long.

In any case, the buyer pays shipping, and USPS is a stellar service. I'm sure they can do a fine job, as they've done hundreds of times for me.
    Shipping to Australia and the Pacific rim in general is a different ball game than shipping to Europe, and costs can be very high. USPS is among the cheapest services. Dealing with customs form and all that can be interesting too, and maybe the OP just doesn't want to deal with all that. Though we ship world wide all the time now, there was a time early on (before we got into the business) when we didn't even want to ship to Canada.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

Thanks

Reasonable offers considered.