Thread: Steel Wing Sung 601

Thanks

Default Steel Wing Sung 601

I am a big fan of the Wing Sung 2019 model 601. I've bought and given away three to friends and family. I became aware of a metal version being offered and decided to order one from an Etsy seller ChinesePen. I ordered on 11/11 and received 11/28.

Because your milage may vary, I won't glow too brightly here, but just to say that it is very much worth the $22 I paid.

My first step was to flush several times with warm water. At first the plunger was stuck open, but just a little pressure got it going. I filled it with Waterman Serenity Blue then wrote a few lines. From my perspective the nib was very smooth and wet. It is a near perfect match as a carry mate to my silver and gold clip 45 BP that I have filled with black gel ink.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Naill For This Useful Post:

linkoiram (November 30th, 2020), pajaro (December 2nd, 2020), Yazeh (November 30th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Default Re: Steel Wing Sung 601

Wow you've got it fast, one week from China? That's a record. I'm not a fan of hooded nibs. but I'm glad you enjoy it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (November 30th, 2020)

Thanks

Got one of those a week ago and inked it up. Thought it was scratchy at first but once the feed was fully saturated it was fine and just as wet as my other 601. I'd recommend getting this if you want to see what a 51 flighter would be like without the flighter price tag, similar to how the 699 gives you a sense of the pilot 823.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linkoiram View Post
    Got one of those a week ago and inked it up. Thought it was scratchy at first but once the feed was fully saturated it was fine and just as wet as my other 601. I'd recommend getting this if you want to see what a 51 flighter would be like without the flighter price tag, similar to how the 699 gives you a sense of the pilot 823.
    I am curious if you flushed with water initially? Mine was surprisingly not scratchy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkoiram View Post
    I am curious if you flushed with water initially? Mine was surprisingly not scratchy.
    I did. Usually I start with soapy water or with vintage pens ammonia+soapy water solution but this was just regular water.

Thanks

There is a source on eBay for a metal grip section...$16. I am not sure I would prefer metal, but it does look nice.

Thanks

Wrote a few dozen holiday cards with this pen. I highly recommend to anyone considering.