Thread: Rohrer & Klingner Fernambuk Ink Review

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Rohrer & Klingner Fernambuk Ink Review

It would not surprise me if you’ve never heard of Rohrer & Klingner before. I only first found out about them when I received the samples. Rohrer & Klingner Leipzig-Co. is a German company founded in Leipzig in 1907 by Johann Adolf Rohrer and Felix Arthur Klingner. They have a long and well established history for creating inks and other products related to lithography. You can find out more about their history at their website: http://www.rohrer-klingner.de/en/sites/0.htm They currently produce 18 different colors available in 50ml glass bottles.
    Fernambuk was the last of the Rohrer & Klingner samples I tried. It is a nice, bright red color that really pulls your eye towards it. It has a hint of orange in it on my monitor that shouldn’t be there and I hope it appears closer to its actual color for your sake. This is probably one of those inks where you just need to get a sample of it for yourself so you can experience its true color.
    As with all the other Rohrer & Klingner inks Fernambuk flows well, lubricates the nib nicely, and resist shading on printer paper very well. The Pelikan M200 is what I reach for if I want to see how much shading an ink has. Fernambuk has very little if any. So, if you’re looking for an ink that dries quickly with lots of shading then you’ll want to look for something else. But, if you want to try some new colors and need a high quality, dependable ink, then this ink is well worth your money.

Thanks

Looks very similar to the Morinda, only difference I'd say (after looking at the pics) would be that the Fernambuk is a shade or two lighter than its counter part morinda. still a good color, but i'd rather go for a darker richer red like the Morinda. Is my assessment accurate would you say?