Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite journal/notebook(s)?

Thanks

Default Re: What's your favorite journal/notebook(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    I looked over the Stalogy website, but I could only find 5mm pages. Are there blank? Or lined at something larger than 5mm?

I like notebooks with a lot of pages (see above). But there's a limit. One of the reasons that I haven't tried Hippo Noto is that at 500 pages it's too thick. Partly it becomes a minor inconvenience to carry, but mostly because there's just a huge "ledge" that my hand falls off of when writing. At 400 pages I can just rest the iPhone on the table next to the notebook for support. I'd need to carry something else around with me.
    They are all graph paper. Some are 5mm grids, but the A5 one in particular is 4mm. Don't ask me the reason behind this. It is what it is. The Stalogy notebooks are actually fairly compact for so many pages because the papers are super thin.

But they are expensive, no doubt. I guess you pay for quality (and import).

Thanks

I looked over the Stalogy website, but I could only find 5mm pages. Are there blank? Or lined at something larger than 5mm?

I like notebooks with a lot of pages (see above). But there's a limit. One of the reasons that I haven't tried Hippo Noto is that at 500 pages it's too thick. Partly it becomes a minor inconvenience to carry, but mostly because there's just a huge "ledge" that my hand falls off of when writing. At 400 pages I can just rest the iPhone on the table next to the notebook for support. I'd need to carry something else around with me.
    On Amazon they have 8 mm ones. For half year, if you want it thicker. Depending what type of ink you use, note that you'll have bleed through...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post

On Amazon they have 8 mm ones. For half year, if you want it thicker. Depending what type of ink you use, note that you'll have bleed through...
    I have no idea what you are on about.

They are all grid size, and some are 5mm by 5mm, and some are 4mm by 4mm. The 8mm only refers to the thickness of the book.
    The half year sizes are thinner books. By half.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jace View Post

They are all grid size, and some are 5mm by 5mm, and some are 4mm by 4mm. The 8mm only refers to the thickness of the book.
    My apologies, I though XYZZY was asking about thickness

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

jace (December 9th, 2020)

Thanks

Yeah no problem. They are really good journals. I highly recommend them. I've already ordered a dozen more of the A5's.

Thanks

Yeah no problem. They are really good journals. I highly recommend them. I've already ordered a dozen more of the A5's.
    I know you use only Black and EF nibs. Do you use any "bullet proof" inks by any chance?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,423 Times in 1,542 Posts

I like to read *about* different fancy journals, but I never actually bought one.

Most of my notes and sketches are either on watercolor papers or Rhodia, or these notebooks from Daiso.

This particular one is weird, the paper has the same thickness and ink-friendliness as the Tomoe River, but for the price, it hard to believe that it is. And I don't think the stock it anymore. I still have a few spares. Daiso's inventory boggles my mind. You can visit twice in a row within one week, and there will be items that are no longer there.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 10th, 2020), Yazeh (December 10th, 2020)

Thanks

I know you use only Black and EF nibs. Do you use any "bullet proof" inks by any chance?
    Yeah I have two FP's inked with Noodler's Black.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jace For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (December 10th, 2020)

Thanks

Iíve been wanting to try Tommoe River paper since it became a thing in fountain pen forums. Finally found the Endless notebooks. Online reviews seem good.

Thanks

Some good comments here, if I didnt have so much paper already, including a ream of copy paper ,I'd look stone if these brands up. One brand Im pretty happy with if you want a "business" type design is black nd red, which you can get at Staples. fp friendly and stylish. Rhodia is always consistently good too.

Edit: mobile acted up
    Last edited by noahs_ark; December 15th, 2020 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    Has anyone tried any of the journals available through Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=journa...oks&ref=auto-1
    Yep: goodinkpressions

They make good notebooks with tomoe river paper in a laaaarge variety. They recently launched their own website too. Nice proprietor, quick answers (she arranged loose A4 lined sheets for me), fair prices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by An old bloke View Post
    Has anyone tried any of the journals available through Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=journa...oks&ref=auto-1
    Yep: goodinkpressions

They make good notebooks with tomoe river paper in a laaaarge variety. They recently launched their own website too. Nice proprietor, quick answers (she arranged loose A4 lined sheets for me), fair prices.
    That's good to hear since it is another small business being supported.