Thread: Ayush pads

Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 357 Posts

Default Ayush pads

Couldn’t see another thread about this stuff, so …..
    I’ve just bought four of these pads in A4 top spiral ( my preferred configuration) and , being a confirmed Rhodia freak I gotta say this paper is absolutely wonderful 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻.
    It’s slightly more cream coloured, but hardly noticeable, and at 100 gms a bit thicker/ heavier; and the surface is not so shiny so there’s more 'paper feel' ..which I like, and does help with fine control of letter form with FPs.
    They’re a bit more expensive but hey what price a great writing experience.
    Not many outlets have it , that I’ve seen, the Ayush site has them, but there’s one in Queensland here, which is very handy.

I think if you like Rhodia, then you’ll love this paper 👍🏻🙋🏻*♂️

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robalone For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 16th, 2023), forester (June 16th, 2023), Jon Szanto (June 16th, 2023), Yazeh (June 15th, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: Ayush pads

I have a pocket size one that was gifted to me that I absolutely love, it shows shading and sheening pretty well and even very dark inks don't show through so writing on both sides is am option. I've tested quite a few inks on it and haven't had any problems like feathering. I usually don't like cream colored paper but it's just barely a cream paper, I just like white so it doesn't change the color of the ink. It's a rougher paper than rhodia, clairfontaine, or tomoe river and quite a bit thicker.

I would absolutely recommend for people to try this paper.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mreeveshp For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 16th, 2023), forester (June 16th, 2023), Robalone (June 16th, 2023), Yazeh (June 16th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

I'll be the third to give thumbs up. I got a couple of these from Teri Morris of Peyton Street Pens at last year's San Francisco pen show, and really enjoy using them. Being left-handed, I am a sucker for top-bound, steno-style notepads, and the combination of the form and the very nice paper reminds me that I'll have to ask for some more in a couple of months. It's too late for me to do tonight, but tomorrow I'll add a pic to the thread.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

forester (June 16th, 2023), Robalone (June 16th, 2023), Yazeh (June 16th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,259 Posts

And another fan here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Robalone (June 16th, 2023)

Thanks

I tried these last weekend at Write Here in the U.K. Great paper!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to da vinci For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here's an example page that I tore out from my Ayush - there is no show- or bleed-through on the reverse. This is also an example of what I do with most pads: find an image I like, print it out, and paste it on. Just a fun thing.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Carpio (June 18th, 2023), Chrissy (June 19th, 2023), da vinci (June 18th, 2023), forester (June 16th, 2023), mreeveshp (June 16th, 2023), Robalone (June 16th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 357 Posts

81A89CFD-E025-4347-B076-62A87266FC26.jpgBE9441C8-29B8-4286-B404-8452A428C1BB.jpg

…and the ones I have too 👍🏻.
    ..never been much of a ‘paper' freak, usually if I find a good paper I just stick with it .
    Having said that, I now use and really love this Ayush, and have added it to the pile of Rhodia and Tomoe River A4 pads I have squirrelled away in case of apocalypse 🤣. ( which doesn’t seem to be that far away 🙁☠️) oh well !

Love the image on your pad Jon….my umpteenth printer died a while ago, so I’m now researching whether there’s actually a brand that works ….for any length of time….reliably….or whether they are ALL cr*p !!😡
    Last edited by Robalone; June 16th, 2023 at 06:19 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robalone For This Useful Post:

Carpio (June 18th, 2023), Chrissy (June 19th, 2023), da vinci (July 25th, 2023), forester (June 16th, 2023), Jon Szanto (June 16th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robalone View Post
    Love the image on your pad Jon….my umpteenth printer died a while ago, so I’m now researching whether there’s actually a brand that works ….for any length of time….reliably….or whether they are ALL cr*p !!😡
    Oh man... been there, recently done that! Our last color printer 'bricked' last November, just froze up and nothing I could do, no local place would work on it, and even the manufacturer refused to work on their own 3 year old printer! I'm giving this one last go, switching to the model now that uses ink tanks, filled from bottles (how about that?) and avoids the expensive cartridges. Honestly? This will likely be the last one I get, it pisses me off so much.

I always enjoy seeing your handwriting.

~ Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you to Robalone for starting this thread.
    I'd like to ad to the praise for Ayush notebooks. I use the A5 lined version and get them from Andy's Pens in South Wales.
    They are a little pricier but the quality is excellent.