Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your favorite journal/notebook(s)?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

Default Re: What's your favorite journal/notebook(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I saw Taroko notebooks on amazon. The label had coordinates on it, and 68gsm Tomoe paper, so I had to get them. They are pocket size with dot grid paper. I tried to remove the label from the plastic wrapper, but it is tearing. The covers have no information on them.

Ah heck, I’m going to cut the label off, and use washi tape to add it to one notebook cover. There are two in the package.
    If you can buy Heptane that will easily remove the sticky label and it will even retain some stickiness for you to reuse it on the cover. Be careful when handling it though.
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 3rd, 2023 at 03:11 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Prettypenguin (January 3rd, 2023)

Thanks

Another Stalogy fan here. I use the dot-grid for page layout, and a 6mm guide sheet for writing. I also have modest stash of 52/68gsm Tomoe purchased from various places in Asia.
    Last edited by karmachanic; January 3rd, 2023 at 03:04 AM.
    Add Lightness and Simplicate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to karmachanic For This Useful Post:

dneal (January 3rd, 2023)

Thanks

I found a 2006 calendar that I was given that I never used in time to use it this year. It’s full of old pictures of Cuba that remind me of my Abuela’s house. Very thick, well coated paper, published by Universe. I’m using it as my day planner. My current journal is a blank book from Cavallini and Co, with paper from Cartotecnica Monzese that is at least 23 years old. The paper in this one is grey, so I have to use dark ink for my writing to be legible. I have a backlog of paper that I am trying to use, even as I keep adding to the pile. My lil jot it down pocket notebook is a tiny lined Clairfontaine. My grocery store list book is a Chinese 70 gsm pocket notebook with lined ivory pages.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Prettypenguin For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (January 3rd, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I saw Taroko notebooks on amazon. The label had coordinates on it, and 68gsm Tomoe paper, so I had to get them. They are pocket size with dot grid paper. I tried to remove the label from the plastic wrapper, but it is tearing. The covers have no information on them.

Ah heck, I’m going to cut the label off, and use washi tape to add it to one notebook cover. There are two in the package.
    If you can buy Heptane that will easily remove the sticky label and it will even retain some stickiness for you to reuse it on the cover. Be careful when handling it though.
    "Heptane"?? Sounds nuclear.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmachanic View Post
    Another Stalogy fan here. I use the dot-grid for page layout, and a 6mm guide sheet for writing. I also have modest stash of 52/68gsm Tomoe purchased from various places in Asia.
    I like their 365. Great paper, and a bunch of it bound up in one notebook. I wish they made the blank page version in A6...
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karmachanic View Post
    I like their 365. Great paper, and a bunch of it bound up in one notebook. I wish they made the blank page version in A6...
    I find the grid easy to ignore in the A5, but more noticeable in the A6, though I'm sure it's the same. Use both with plain leather covers from aliexpress.
    Add Lightness and Simplicate

Thanks

Hobonichi Techo Cousin A5. The grid and time numbers are soft and do not overwhelm the Tomoe River paper.

As an astronomer, I like the moon phases. The Hobonichi "handwrite" cover holds the notebook.

Plenty of blank space below the schedule portion makes it easy to jot down notes, observations, and paste in something that livened up my day.

Photo: Noodler's Blue Ghost invisible ink and Swedish stamps under ultraviolet light. Handwrite cover with UV keychain flashlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlkWhiteFilmPix; April 11th, 2023 at 07:35 AM. Reason: described photo
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

catbert (April 11th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,351 Times in 357 Posts

IMG_7119.jpeg

Paper is excellent, super FP friendly 👍🏻….landscape is interesting.. it’s nice having unobstructed swing left and right to write.
    The blank back of page might be a waste ?! Or , could be for sketches ? Or freehand writing ( which is scary !!! because it demands much more concentration/ precision etc)

Often writing 'quotes' and 'song lyrics' there isn’t enough space to complete lines which spoils the aesthetic of the page badly , so this will be a great pad for them 👍🏻😀

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robalone For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (August 7th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

I don't know if there is a criteria to what should or shouldn't be in a 'good' notepad, but if you're looking for a pad which, when using fountain pen the ink doesn't bleed through or feather https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 then, this pad is really good. Available in several sizes (as it shows). I have only used the A4 and A5 sizes, but I have no issues in recommending them. The paper is very smooth. If you're looking for a white papered note pad/book, this isn't for you, but the creamy/beige(y) colour is soft on the eyes and the lines colouring are in what I would call 'Battleship grey'.

Carpio
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 1,647 Posts

https://scribblesthatmatter.com/prod...oductive-weeks

Just ordered this because the setup was appealing. No idea whether it’s FP friendly or not. Not that it matters because I only use pencils to deal with my life, but will report back once it arrives.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

KKay (September 21st, 2023)