Thread: Taccia Cha Ink review

Thanks

Default Taccia Cha Ink review

Introduction and Elephant in the room

First let me take a moment to address the elephant in the room, box and bottle and origin. Bottle has big mouth for any pens is no issues with filling, but then when ink is low might not be easy to get last drops of ink...I can’t be sure cos I cannot see any mechanism to help from above or side..still a nice bottle overall. Box is not paper like most inks (not 100% at least) it sure does not feel like one, more durable and stronger with inside fins designed to keep ink from moving around and requires some effort to open as the top acts like a lock (its not hard just not too easy either basically the box does what box should do protect the ink)...not bad considering my waterman came out of box during shipping.

The ink is said to be made by sailor and while taccia pen nibs are made by sailor I cannot find and concrete evidence that inks are made by sailor as well. They also lack signature sailor smell...and cost less...so if sailor made them I am happy to have non smelly ink with cheaper price and if taccia made them then I am happy for a having good ink..win win either way.

IMG_20201010_132526.jpg

The ink and the bottle.

Taccia Cha is a brown ink with slight hint of redness in it . Its quite nice ink and behaves very nicely on any and all papers that I tried it on. Shading potential though looks a bit questionable in all my test papers but who knows maybe Tomoe river will show some results, but I am not too sure on wet pens the lines can be created with dark and lighter shades of brown, but its not too out of ordinary inks...there is some variation just not enough personally.

Fun fact they draw a tea on cover and its quite accurate one just needs to add ton of tea leaves and burn the tea itself to get this deep brown with reddish hint as per say burnt tea...and I like this..the color not burnt tea.

IMG_20201010_132303.jpg

Gotta love the instructions

Ink itself

Saturation- good
    Bleed- none
    Feathering- none
    Smudges-none
    Lubrication-great
    Ghosting (show-through)- none on most papers apart from cheap guys.
    Flow- good.
    Wet/Dry- Its in between wet and dry but tilts slightly to wetter side..nice balance if one asks me.
    Dry time (approx) - 9-10 sec on 75 GSM copy paper, 11-12 sec on JK cedar 100 GSM paper, 8-9 sec on classmate register (no idea of GSM..I think its 52 from what I remember).

Taccia cha page 1 ED.jpg

writing sample on 75 GSM copy paper.

Taccia cha page 2 ED.jpg

another sample. I tried to get as accurate color as I could with my pea shooter of phone camera and color is actually quite accurate just real shade looks a slight darker (very small difference).

Water resistance test method was putting drops of water for 30 sec in first sample and 1 min in second sample then wiping with cloth to try to remove the ink. Water resistance is very low.

Second test was not bothered as ink wont survive that one (that involves putting ink paper under tap with mug below and letting the ink get dipped in it followed by wiping the paper with cloth to recreate floods or rain case).

The pen shows lighter shade in color if used with dry pen, its still same Darjeeling tea color but less burned tea....still burned.

Conclusion

The ink costed me about Rs 900 for 40ml bottle so $12 approx. for this line. There is other line of inks which is more expensive from taccia.
    All in all a very good ink and if you like the color then go for it its great to work with. No water resistance is a bummer but hey Taccia themselves make it clear these are not so no big deal.

Ask anything and point out if I missed something would love to know others opinions.
    Last edited by Dimy; December 4th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dimy For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (December 11th, 2020), aurore (December 4th, 2020), Detman101 (December 4th, 2020), digitalsedition (December 4th, 2020), junglejim (December 6th, 2020), Turquoise (December 4th, 2020), Yazeh (December 4th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Taccia Cha Ink review

Thank you for the great review. I actually quite like the colour.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aurore View Post
    Thank you for the great review. I actually quite like the colour.
    Thanks, I too like it and works well with map works which I am often involved in.

Thanks

Wow, that's a really nice looking color. Thanks for the review! I haven't tried any Taccia inks yet, but this one makes me want to.

Bruno Taut claims that the Taccia inks are actually made by Nakabayashi and not merely distributed by them: https://estilofilos.blogspot.com/201...shi-again.html

Thanks

Thanks for the review. I got a my first bottle of Taccai ink a couple weeks ago after seeing their Ao blue on mountains of ink and I really like it. I would like to try their Tsuchi Golden Wheat and Sora Sky Blue, maybe this one now too..
    Last edited by digitalsedition; December 4th, 2020 at 11:55 PM.
    Cogito, ergo sum
    -- René Descartes 1637

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsedition View Post
    Thanks for the review. I got a my first bottle of Taccai ink a couple weeks ago after seeing their Ao blue on mountains of ink and I really like it. I would like to try their Tsuchi Golden Wheat and Sora Sky Blue, maybe this one now too..
    I have a tsuchi ink with me. Its unopened currently and I plan on opening it and writing a review sometime around new year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimy View Post
    I have a tsuchi ink with me. Its unopened currently and I plan on opening it and writing a review sometime around new year.
    I look forward to seeing that.
    Cogito, ergo sum
    -- René Descartes 1637