Thread: Replace Barrel on Pelikan M805

Thanks

Default Replace Barrel on Pelikan M805

I have a Pelikan M805 that has fallen on hard times. The ink viewing window has separated from the barrel. The nib is stuck in the broken window. The nib is good, I have the cap, the plunger mechanism is good. Can someone replace the barrel and and get everything working again?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

Default Re: Replace Barrel on Pelikan M805

Since the M805's didn't come out until circa 2002, it might be possible to have the entire barrel (or even the pen) replaced by Pelikan in Hamburg for a small fee, assuming it has not been abused. I have read where Pelikan USA would just send a whole new pen as replacement since it wasn't worth the time for them to do a repair, even when the pen was out of warranty. Try calling or emailing Pelikan.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Sphere (December 7th, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Since the M805's didn't come out until circa 2002, it might be possible to have the entire barrel (or even the pen) replaced by Pelikan in Hamburg for a small fee, assuming it has not been abused. I have read where Pelikan USA would just send a whole new pen as replacement since it wasn't worth the time for them to do a repair, even when the pen was out of warranty. Try calling or emailing Pelikan.
    All I can say is from my own experience. About 3 1/2 years ago, my M805 needed a replacement barrel. The cost was about $200. This was done through Fountain Pen Hospital. I wouldn't call $200. a "small fee." As it turned out, the barrel went bad about a year ago and that was covered under warranty.

The United States contact for Pelikan is Ms. Abigail Weeks, Chartpak Inc., One River Road, Leeds, Mass. 01043; (413) 584-5446 or (800) 628-1910. penrepair@chartpak.com; www.chartpak.com. There are a handful of authorized pen repair companies in the United States, one of which is Ron Zorn, Main Street Pens, of this forum.
    Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marbled M205, Santini Libra Cumberland Gold ebonite, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kaliuzhkin For This Useful Post:

Sphere (December 7th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaliuzhkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    All I can say is from my own experience. About 3 1/2 years ago, my M805 needed a replacement barrel. The cost was about $200. This was done through Fountain Pen Hospital. I wouldn't call $200. a "small fee." As it turned out, the barrel went bad about a year ago and that was covered under warranty.

The United States contact for Pelikan is Ms. Abigail Weeks, Chartpak Inc., One River Road, Leeds, Mass. 01043; (413) 584-5446 or (800) 628-1910. penrepair@chartpak.com; www.chartpak.com. There are a handful of authorized pen repair companies in the United States, one of which is Ron Zorn, Main Street Pens, of this forum.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Abby retired last year after 25+ years with Chartpak/Pelikan and I don't know who replaced her. She was always a pleasure to talk with when I had questions about Pelikan ink properties.
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again