Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Speaking of conspiracy theories...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Default Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories...

Given the choice between two evils, Bannon embraced both.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Interesting AP article on the growth of American conspiracy theories. We've had a few posted here on these threads, too.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-tec...bcf3ebbe839f05

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Why would I know what Bannon does/says had I not read and listened? Put you thinking cap on, @dneal. Please attempt to post without a whataboutthis. I am not the topic. I thought we were discussing Bannon.

What Bannon does is well known. He looks for a way to separate and stir up dissatisfaction. If you know white males feel threatened and you can sooth them by stirring some sh#$, you get some followers. He needs ratings. I've been following Trump and Bannon since 2015. How about you? I know you are here to stir it as well. I also know you don't vote, so why are you even posting?
    Bannon is a dirt-ball, slime-bucket grifter. He is gross to listen to. That he occasionally has had intelligent or insightful opinions is beside the fucking point of over-all assessment: he helped the worst fucking presidential character in 100 years win an election. He's twice been arrested for his political operations (once while partying on a Chinese billionaire's yacht), once pardoned. Now he is on the hook for contemp of Congress (failure to honor a subpoena). He called for Fauci's beheading. He is another gross pig of a man in politics.
    Although suggesting Trump gave him the blessing a go-a-head, I think he is now cooperating because he knows being in contempt of Congress is a big deal...legally and financially.

Thanks

Yes. We'll see how many 5ths he pleads.....

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (July 10th, 2022)

Thanks

Legal question: since the House committee proceedings are not a criminal prosecution, can a Fifth amendment pleading stand?

Or is is just a convenient evasion?

"The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution restricts the government’s power to compel you to testify against yourself. But the Constitution has an important limitation. It says that you cannot “be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against” yourself."

https://www.kentmcguirelaw.com/blog/...n-civil-cases/

Thanks

I dunno. I just know that some witnesses are using it.

Thanks

"For those who do not voluntarily cooperate with a Justice Department investigation, prosecutors can serve grand jury subpoenas and obtain their testimony under oath, subject to criminal penalties like perjury — just as Georgia state prosecutors are doing. And people can be given immunity to compel their testimony if they validly assert the Fifth Amendment. Obtaining grand-jury testimony is indispensable; it forestalls witnesses from credibly claiming later that they had not made certain statements in an interview or that an interview report is inaccurate (or worse)."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/o...k-garland.html

Thanks

Alex Jones just got hit with a $4.1 million judgement against him for defamation. That is one expensive conspiracy theory he was peddling.

Serves the mf right. The damage he did can't be repaired. The judgment should have included some lashings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Alex Jones just got hit with a $4.1 million judgement against him for defamation. That is one expensive conspiracy theory he was peddling.

Serves the mf right. The damage he did can't be repaired. The judgment should have included some lashings.
    Given how many families who lost children that he and his followers tormented, and how much his evil alternative "theory" helped him grow his following (and his wealth), that's no where near enough.

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

Chuck Naill (August 5th, 2022), TSherbs (August 5th, 2022)

Thanks

I hope he ends up living in a refrigerator crate and diving dumpsters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 5th, 2022)

Thanks

$45.1 million in punitive damages, for just one of the families. It's a start!

How's that for peddling conspiracy bullshit to hawk your wares to a gullible public?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 637 Posts

Did anyone on FOX support Alex Jones's Sandy Hook allegation on air?

Typos courtesy of Samsung Auto-Incorrect™
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

Thanks

There seem to be quite a few parallels between Alex Jones and Trump, as far as inciting threats and violence.

Man Who Threatened to Kill Fauci Is Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison

Aug. 4, 2022

A federal judge on Thursday sentenced a West Virginia man to more than three years in prison for sending threatening emails to Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, including one in which he said the immunologist and his family would be beaten to death and set on fire, prosecutors said.

The man, Thomas Patrick Connally Jr., 56, had pleaded guilty in May to making threats against a federal official and also admitted to sending threatening messages to other health officials, including Francis Collins, the former director of the National Institutes of Health, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Maryland.

Judge Paula Xinis of U.S. District Court in Maryland sentenced Mr. Connally to 37 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release. Mr. Connally admitted in a plea agreement that he had sent the messages to Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, between Dec. 28, 2020, and July 25, 2021, using an anonymous and encrypted email account, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

According to court documents, in one email, dated July 21, 2021, Mr. Connally wrote to Dr. Fauci: “I will slaughter your entire family. You will pay with your children’s blood for your crimes.”

A lawyer for Mr. Connally could not immediately be reached late Thursday. In sentencing documents dated Wednesday, Ellie Marranzini, a federal public defender, said that the isolation of Mr. Connally’s mother in a nursing home during the pandemic had caused Mr. Connally stress. Ms. Marranzini said the impact of social isolation on nursing home residents was “a topic he was acutely concerned about at the time.”

Mr. Connally’s threats to Dr. Fauci and others came amid an intense period of vitriol against health officials who had advocated for measures like masking and social distancing to stop the spread of Covid-19. Dr. Fauci, a government scientist for more than half a century, stood out among health officials in drawing the rage of critics. While his commitment to science endeared him to many, he became a villain to many others.

Supporters of Donald Trump often chanted “Fire Fauci,” and as president, Mr. Trump himself openly mused about doing so. Dr. Fauci was accused of having invented the virus and of profiting from vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/u...e=articleShare

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chip For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (August 6th, 2022)