Thread: Black marble set of tools from my grandad

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Black marble set of tools from my grandad

I posted in the Parker forum a few days ago about a pen I was gifted a long time ago, and I thought that some of you might be interested to see the rest of my grandad's "home office" paraphernalia and equipment. They are all made of black marble with golden veins, and there is a rocker blotter, a letter stand, a combined inkwell and elephant statue (!), a letter opener and what I think is a wax seal stamp, but it's just flat on the stamp end with no crest or anything. There are absolutely no dates, company insignias or other identifying marks on the items. I think that my grandad might have made them himself, except for the bronze elephant. It's likely they were purchased, or made at the end of the 1940s.

I've collected a heap of photos of the stuff in a Google Photos album, if you are interested!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NtoVqLzJJG1eqzjc9

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frederyck For This Useful Post:

amk (December 18th, 2020), Chrissy (December 17th, 2020), Dreck (December 17th, 2020), FredRydr (December 17th, 2020), Jon Szanto (April 10th, 2021), Robert (December 17th, 2020), Yazeh (December 17th, 2020)