Thread: How do the nibs of vintage 2xx series compare to vintage 1xx series?

Thanks

Default How do the nibs of vintage 2xx series compare to vintage 1xx series?

To be more precise, how do the nibs of 40s-50s 2xx series compare to 40s-50s 1xx series?

Thanks

Default Re: How do the nibs of vintage 2xx series compare to vintage 1xx series?

For one, there aren’t any 249 nibs. Also, the very earliest 14x pens have 13x nibs. After that, it’s hard to generalize. Each nib is unique.

I have #4 nibs from the 1 & 2 series in different widths. The 2 series BB nib is softer but the 1 series B has more bounce. I like them both.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to guyy For This Useful Post:

Baisao (December 20th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: How do the nibs of vintage 2xx series compare to vintage 1xx series?

My medium-large '50-60 146 has a maxi-semi-flex two toned nib. Great balance posted, more so than the '70-now large 146. Nib a tad wider at the shoulders than the later 146; but close to the same size. Body and cap both 1/2 cm shorter than the later large 146.

My standard sized 234 1/2 Deluxe ('52-54 only) has a mono-tone semi-flex KOB nib. 4 1/2 is the size of the nib. slightly thicker girth than other standard sized pens I have; very great balance. Meisterstuck clip, single wider cap band than the narrow two bands of the normal 234 1/2.

My standard sized rolled gold 742 has a two toned perhaps size 2 nib. It is the only nib I have that is between semi-flex and maxi-semi-flex. Very heavy pen...rolled gold and brass...so lacks balance.

I have 35 semi-flex and they clump close together when rating them. I tend to count the 742 in the maxi- nib class even if it ain't, in there is a bit more variance in my other 14 maxi-semi-flex nibs, than in regular flex or semi-flex.
    Last edited by BoBo Olson; October 14th, 2021 at 05:04 AM.