Thread: A US nib master to work on modern Conway Stewart ens

Thanks

Default A US nib master to work on modern Conway Stewart ens

I am looking for someone to do some simple repair on a modem Conway Stewart fountain PE.
    Anyone suggest someone ?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Default Re: A US nib master to work on modern Conway Stewart ens

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Brian View Post
    I am looking for someone to do some simple repair on a modem Conway Stewart fountain PE.
    Anyone suggest someone ?
    There are a number of people, but it would help a bit if you could say what it is that you are looking to have done. I tend to recommend certain nib people based on what the specific task is.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

I have a modern CS 58 and the nib section is meant to be unscrewed to change size of nib, but it does not seem to want to come loose , and I don't want to force it in case I break it, but need the nib section changed to my new nib.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Aha. That is almost more a pen issue than a nib issue. Is your "new nib" already in a threaded housing (i.e. does it just need to screw in when you get the old one out) or do you need nibs actually swapped into the threaded housing/unit?

In any event, I think the first person I would contact would be Mike Masuyama (google "Mike It Work"). As stated, there are a number of newer-but-good nib people but I know their work primarily from nib tuning and grinding. Mike has many years working on the pens as well and I would send him a good description of the issue. If it really is getting the old unit out and a new unit it, you could also send it to Ron Zorn of Main Street Pen, who is an excellent pen repair person (and member here). Linda Kennedy, trained by Richard Binder, of Indy-Pen-Dance would also be a candidate.

Good luck!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks for your helpful advice !