Thread: I just bought my grail pen... a beautiful big red Parker Senior Duofold.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default I just bought my grail pen... a beautiful big red Parker Senior Duofold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Ahem... Being that it is an iconic pen and a "grail" for you, I would suggest one of two things: either pay a small amount more to have an experienced pen person do the restoration, or spend plenty of time and research how to go about doing this yourself. It would be a big shame if you went to this expense and trouble to get the pen, only to muck it up in some way because you wanted to do it yourself but don't know all the ins and outs.

For one thing, how best to work on button fillers, in addition to the significant issue of the design of the "Lucky Curve" feed, when replacing the sac are not trivial matters. So if you don't send it out, do a lot of reading online. Start at Richard Binder's site in the Reference Pages section. You'll find most of what you need to know there. You'll have to get tools and supplies as well, another additional cost that may make sending the pen off a more attractive proposition.

it's a great pen is fairly good condition. Let's make certain it only gets better from here on out!
    Of course, I wouldn’t fathom messing with this pen. I was thinking about sending it over to Pentiques, but if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by penmainiac; December 27th, 2020 at 02:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to penmainiac For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (December 27th, 2020)