Greetings, Fellow FP Geeks!

I am new to this site, having only recently discovered it. I have been on The Fountain Pen Network for many years.

I need your help!

I sent my FP to a known repairperson/shop to have a new filling mechanism put in. This was around December 2019. The pen was received. The repairperson then said they were having trouble getting parts, then trouble getting the front section off (valid, given previous experience with said section). Back in August, I said I would just happily take the pen back, as I was getting worried it was out of my possession for so long. You know how that is.

After August of this year (I believe) the repair person stopped responding to any communication and still has my pen! I have read one blog post online of another FP user who had a similar GWP (Ghosting With Pen) experience with this person.

I know the name of the company and now the person, but am not sure how to go about just getting my pen back!

The repairperson mentioned falling on financial hard times, so I said he could just keep what I had paid for the restoration (to help in an act of charity), but to just mail me back my pen.

I would love some advice on what I could do to get my pen back. I have the full text exchange with this person to support my view of this situation.

Thank you in advance for any direction this community could provide.

~ DayOnFire (Michael)