Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post

Uh, yeah, I'm well aware of this common quote, usually phrased a bit differently.

And, it just so happens it is consistent with much of what I have experienced in my life. If you have not experienced something similar it does not mean that I have not...........
That's fine. It means you haven't come across many - or any - of the remarkable teachers in this world. Using that phrase seeks to elevate one class of people while denigrating others, and yet there are countless millions of people who owe their success in life due to the guidance, skill and wisdom of one or more teachers.

If the result is I have now lost all credibility, so be it. It puts me in some good company.
Enjoy yourself and your company. BTW, who would you recommend for doing work on Sheaffer vac-fill pens?
It's really sad you constantly spend more time trying to find something to fight with in a post than you do trying to understand it.

To suggest to a lifelong teacher that he or she has not experienced some remarkable teachers in his or her life is beyond absurd.

Every teacher knows there is plenty of credence to that quote. I did not say nor imply it applies to all teachers. Nor that a teacher who can teach, but cannot do, is incapable of serving as a remarkable inspiration to a young person and have a greatly positive influence upon them.

As for the company I keep, I will indeed enjoy them. (Suffice it to say "present company" is not among them.)

PS: I'm sorry but I cannot help you with a recommendation on a good repair person for Sheaffer vac-fill pens.