Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trump demands that Georgia Secretary of State change votes so he wins.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Default Re: Trump demands that Georgia Secretary of State change votes so he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    There are ample resources that would allow any interested, objective person to make an accessment of the Donald J. Trump's life. Using his actions since the election in November 2020, his use of letigation and making unsubstantiated, and attempt to intimidate are consistant with what his neice wrote and what John Bolton and John Woodward reported in their respective books. So, you have a relative, a former member of his administration, and a respected journalist to consider, whether you agree with their summations, at least you have to find other information that is in contrast in order to dismiss outright.

What I am noticing from your posts is a complete lack of critical thinking in this matter. Trump's life is well documented as is his business failures after his father thorouhly honed the boy into what he has become.
    It's the lack of critical thinking from so many "orange man bad" posts that leads me to only posting the counter-argument. None of the "anti-Trump" posters give him any credit for anything. I also think Trump is an obnoxious, narcissistic prick. There are simply too many opinionated rants and cherry-picked accusations to deal with in detail. I'm essentially the only person not on the "Trump is the devil!" bandwagon here...

Me in the FPG politics forum:

db676bed011defb7a6f9b91a2a03e777.jpg

p.s.: any argument that uses Bolton as an authoritarian source is a failed argument, IMHO. That guy is a snake. He was when Bush brought him on, and I think Trump briefly hiring him was one of Trump's worst decisions.

Thanks

Default Re: Trump demands that Georgia Secretary of State change votes so he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    There are ample resources that would allow any interested, objective person to make an accessment of the Donald J. Trump's life. Using his actions since the election in November 2020, his use of letigation and making unsubstantiated, and attempt to intimidate are consistant with what his neice wrote and what John Bolton and John Woodward reported in their respective books. So, you have a relative, a former member of his administration, and a respected journalist to consider, whether you agree with their summations, at least you have to find other information that is in contrast in order to dismiss outright.

What I am noticing from your posts is a complete lack of critical thinking in this matter. Trump's life is well documented as is his business failures after his father thorouhly honed the boy into what he has become.
    It's the lack of critical thinking from so many "orange man bad" posts that leads me to only posting the counter-argument. None of the "anti-Trump" posters give him any credit for anything. I also think Trump is an obnoxious, narcissistic prick. There are simply too many opinionated rants and cherry-picked accusations to deal with in detail. I'm essentially the only person not on the "Trump is the devil!" bandwagon here...

Me in the FPG politics forum:

db676bed011defb7a6f9b91a2a03e777.jpg

p.s.: any argument that uses Bolton as an authoritarian source is a failed argument, IMHO. That guy is a snake. He was when Bush brought him on, and I think Trump briefly hiring him was one of Trump's worst decisions.
    I can see my attempt to have a rational discussion has failed. 🤭😞

Thanks

Back you go on my ignore list . 😉

Thanks

Sorry that you have no sense of humor.

I suspect you never were interested in a rational discussion though. It’s certainly hard to initiate one when it begins with:

“What I am noticing from your posts is a complete lack of critical thinking in this matter.”

Your pettiness in needing to announce that I’m back on your ignore list is telling though.
    Last edited by dneal; January 6th, 2021 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Warnock has won. Ossoff is ahead by 15,800 votes.

Thanks

I suspect you never were interested in a rational discussion though. It’s certainly hard to initiate one when it begins with:

“What I am noticing from your posts is a complete lack of critical thinking in this matter.”

Your pettiness in needing to announce that I’m back on your ignore list is telling though.
    I’ll have to wait to get to my computer to put you back on my ignore list.

If I were after humor, it wouldn’t be what you posted. For me, this is not something I think is humorous. Too many Trumpians have died screaming it isn’t real.

You’ve had ample opportunity to provide some critical reasonings, but have decided to do otherwise. Why wouldn’t a rational person see you as either lacking, intentionally avoiding posting a reply that shows you are thinking, or simply being obtuse.

Thanks

Ossoff lead is at 17,000

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

welch (January 6th, 2021)

Thanks

If I were after humor, it wouldn’t be what you posted. For me, this is not something I think is humorous. Too many Trumpians have died screaming it isn’t real.

You’ve had ample opportunity to provide some critical reasonings, but have decided to do otherwise. Why wouldn’t a rational person see you as either lacking, intentionally avoiding posting a reply that shows you are thinking, or simply being obtuse.
    Chuck - simply declaring me not rational, and therefore going back on your ignore list is actually non-rational behavior. I have no idea what "critical reasonings" you are wanting. Agreement with some aspect of Trump's personality or history? When you and others list it, and then employ it as justification for no need of any further discussion as relates to Trump; what rational conservation can possibly result?

Go back and look at the "I can't fathom this election" thread. Start from the beginning. Objectively assess who began rationally and who didn't. Weigh the numbers of posters on either side. Buddy, I've tried to be rational many times on this forum, only to watch the hyperbolic responses follow. Here, they are predominately liberal. On other forums I frequent, they are predominately conservative. I tolerate it to a certain extent, and sometimes I just have fun with it.

The real problem is that a bunch of you are simply hypocrites - to the point that you're hypocritical about even acknowledging the hypocrisy.

p.s.: Rational adults don't need "ignore lists".

p.p.s.: And what in the hell does "Too many Trumpians have died screaming it isn’t real." mean? Talk about irrational...
    Last edited by dneal; January 6th, 2021 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks

Chuck - simply declaring me not rational, and therefore going back on your ignore list is actually non-rational behavior. I have no idea what "critical reasonings" you are wanting. Agreement with some aspect of Trump's personality or history? When you and others list it, and then employ it as justification for no need of any further discussion as relates to Trump; what rational conservation can possibly result?

Go back and look at the "I can't fathom this election" thread. Start from the beginning. Objectively assess who began rationally and who didn't. Weigh the numbers of posters on either side. Buddy, I've tried to be rational many times on this forum, only to watch the hyperbolic responses follow. Here, they are predominately liberal. On other forums I frequent, they are predominately conservative. I tolerate it to a certain extent, and sometimes I just have fun with it.

The real problem is that a bunch of you are simply hypocrites - to the point that you're hypocritical about even acknowledging the hypocrisy.

p.s.: Rational adults don't need "ignore lists".

p.p.s.: And what in the hell does "Too many Trumpians have died screaming it isn’t real." mean? Talk about irrational...
    To respond to your question.

Thanks

Thanks

Ok, but let's be rational. Sure there are people who probably believe covid is a "hoax". There are people who believe all sorts of things. Ghosts, psychics, aliens, illuminati, global warming (heh, heh, just kidding), bigfoot, etc... None of those constitute a representative majority of any significant block of the public, and I'm not sure why this is even a point you are making.

Trump did not call the virus a hoax. Here are two left-leaning sources that admit that (Snopes and MSN sharing a CNN article) The severity is debatable, but let's leave that for the covid threads.

There are plenty of credible medical experts that disagree with the response to covid. See Barrington Declaration. Science isn't done by touting one voice and shutting down other equally credible voices (and in the case of social media, literally shutting down).

Thanks

Ok, but let's be rational. Sure there are people who probably believe covid is a "hoax". There are people who believe all sorts of things. Ghosts, psychics, aliens, illuminati, global warming (heh, heh, just kidding), bigfoot, etc... None of those constitute a representative majority of any significant block of the public, and I'm not sure why this is even a point you are making.

Trump did not call the virus a hoax. Here are two left-leaning sources that admit that (Snopes and MSN sharing a CNN article) The severity is debatable, but let's leave that for the covid threads.

There are plenty of credible medical experts that disagree with the response to covid. See Barrington Declaration. Science isn't done by touting one voice and shutting down other equally credible voices (and in the case of social media, literally shutting down).
    Right out of the blocks, "let be rational". The rational response would have been to consider what the nurse was reporting. The first step in critical thinking is not to jump to defend your biases, but consider all perspectives. Did you even take the time to read what the nurse said? Did you verify?

Lets fact check your opinion. Here is a direct quote,
    "One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

Then in March he compared it to influenza. Then he said we are turning the corner and said the experts were wrong. Well, now history shows they were not wrong at all. He was wrong. I am not quoting journalists or liberal newspapers. Why, I don't have to. I have the person's direct quote.

Cite one credible medical expert. I'll list some: Michael Osterholm, Rick Bright, David Kessler, and Anthony Fauci. Cite anyone close to their creditials that disagree with their evidenced based position on infectious disease management.

Thanks

Right out of the blocks, "let be rational". The rational response would have been to consider what the nurse was reporting. The first step in critical thinking is not to jump to defend your biases, but consider all perspectives. Did you even take the time to read what the nurse said? Did you verify?

Lets fact check your opinion. Here is a direct quote,
    "One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

Then in March he compared it to influenza. Then he said we are turning the corner and said the experts were wrong. Well, now history shows they were not wrong at all. He was wrong. I am not quoting journalists or liberal newspapers. Why, I don't have to. I have the person's direct quote.

Cite one credible medical expert. I'll list some: Michael Osterholm, Rick Bright, David Kessler, and Anthony Fauci. Cite anyone close to their creditials that disagree with their evidenced based position on infectious disease management.
    So do you want a rational conversation, or not? I don't do passive-aggressive bullshit like you. I'm happy to be cordial, and I'm an expert at being an asshole. Makes no difference to me.

Yes, I read your link. Let's examine it since you're so hung up on the opinion of one nurse. First, whoever wrote that piece needs some remedial work. It's a mess. They talk about Jodi Doering's interview after her tweets, and then depict Jodi Orth's tweets. Are those the same people? "Some patients are so convinced the virus does not exist that, when they test positive, they insist it must be flu, pneumonia or even lung cancer, said Doering." Uh, ok. I believe you. What's the point? The article goes on to say the Dakotas are currently the epicenter of the pandemic. Really? The Dakotas? I could refer you to The COVID Tracking Project for actual data as opposed to a nurse's or journalist's opinion. But hey, Gov Kristi Noem said no big deal. That's the way we decide things, right? A government official makes a statement and we're done? That's what we did for the election issues. Anyway, you seem to be extrapolating the opinion of one nurse to a fact about all Trump supporters. I don't know why you think I'm supposed to take that seriously.

Next, I posted two "fact checks". That's not my opinion, it's theirs. CNN says you're wrong. Snopes says you're wrong. You persist in your claim and say I'm biased for citing liberal sources.

So Trump was wrong in March. Fine. Should I post how many times Fauci was wrong (or contradicted himself)? Was Trump right when he stopped travel? If yes, why do you ignore that? You want to talk about bias?

Cite one credible medical expert? Really? I'll entertain this one more time, but you're going to need to go to the Covid thread if you want to pursue it further. While you're there, note how rational discussion is possible when the usual suspects stay out of it (although they tried). But for the experts you want: How about Dr. Jay Bhattacharya? How about Dr. Johan Giesecke? How about the 15,000 experts that signed the Barrington Declaration?

Thanks

You mean the Barrington Declaration that suggested the least vulnerable and most vulnerable be allowed to resume their normal lives, which essentially occured over the Summer months. Those least vulnerable visited those most vulnerable, including the holidays, which exaccerbated the transmission of the virus. Which is exactly what Fauci said could occur and did, in fact, happen. I am reminded of the saying, "hows that working for you".

We can discuss Fauci if you want. I think an objective appraisal will show he has been a champion for science based leadership.

Trump's travel ban was actually porus and allowed 8000 Chinese to come to the US and 27,000 Americans to travel back.

Thanks

You mean the Barrington Declaration that suggested the least vulnerable and most vulnerable be allowed to resume their normal lives, which essentially occured over the Summer months. Those least vulnerable visited those most vulnerable, including the holidays, which exaccerbated the transmission of the virus. Which is exactly what Fauci said could occur and did, in fact, happen. I am reminded of the saying, "hows that working for you".

We can discuss Fauci if you want. I think an objective appraisal will show he has been a champion for science based leadership.

Trump's travel ban was actually porus and allowed 8000 Chinese to come to the US and 27,000 Americans to travel back.
    Fauci is still advocating lockdowns.

Trump's travel ban was criticized as "xenophobic", only later to be admitted to have worked. Demanding perfection is irrational.

Thanks

This one is for the libs. The Babylon Bee is an equal opportunity offender!

article-7689-1.jpg

Trump Seen Hanging 'Missing: 11,787 Votes' Signs Around Georgia

ATLANTA, GA—Critics are calling for a second Trump impeachment after he was seen by witnesses sneaking through neighborhoods in Atlanta hanging up "MISSING" posters for his lost 11,787 votes.

According to sources, Trump was last seen on the corner of Peach Tea Drive and Peach Pie Road nailing a sign to a telephone pole that read: "MISSING! : ( 11,787 Trump Votes!!!!!!! Have you seen them? REWARD!!!"

"This vicious criminal monster is an existential threat to our democracy," said NBC Anchor Chuck Todd upon hearing the news. "This is like Hiroshima on steroids. Never has there been a worse disaster in all of American history. God help us all."

Other witnesses saw Trump at the local library rummaging through the lost and found for his missing votes. After coming up empty-handed he tweeted out: "I'm calling on the good people of Georgia to help me find my missing votes! Have you seen them anywhere? Please check under your couch cushions. DM if you find them, THX!"

Lawyer Lin Wood later reported he has uncovered 12 billion missing votes in an underground alien lab and human sacrifice site used by Atlanta's elite. He will soon be delivering the votes to Trump on an encrypted thumb drive via carrier pigeon.

Thanks

How about the 15,000 experts that signed the Barrington Declaration?
    Lol. "Experts" like homeopaths, Dr Johnny Bananas and Professor Cominic Dummings?

The spiralling death count in the US gives the lie to the Barrington Declaration, and the bozos that support it.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Thanks

Ossoff has been declared the victor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post
    Lol. "Experts" like homeopaths, Dr Johnny Bananas and Professor Cominic Dummings?

The spiralling death count in the US gives the lie to the Barrington Declaration, and the bozos that support it.
    Wow, internet trolls being able to sign an online document voids everything else?

You must have missed this text on their site:

"This is a publicly available form however all false, unverifiable, or questionable signatures will be removed", and "We will continue to update this page with verified, approved, and vetted signatures as time allows."

Nice try. Juvenile, Reddit level criticism, but nice try nonetheless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverlifter View Post

Wow, internet trolls being able to sign an online document voids everything else?

You must have missed this text on their site:

"This is a publicly available form however all false, unverifiable, or questionable signatures will be removed", and "We will continue to update this page with verified, approved, and vetted signatures as time allows."

Nice try. Juvenile, Reddit level criticism, but nice try nonetheless.
    400,000 and counting. Your insults mean nothing in that context.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.