Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
I do understand the Trump anger and discontent. I have said so repeatedly. And I live in a poor, less populous state (Maine). In my state, I am on the losing side of elections and referendums about 50% of the time. Which means that those who disagree with me are on the losing side about half the time. In this state, we all get over it and move on. We DO understand each other. And, thank God, there is very little of this conspiracy hysteria here. Yes, we have had Trump rallies here and Trump truck parades. So what? No one bothered them and I certainly didn't begrudge their interest in demonstrating their political enthusiasm for a candidate. We all should! But this election challenging in 60+ cases, these conspiracy theories, and this recent phone call is just madness, delusion, cynical cravenness. It is misguided and injurious to democracy. It's a group of discontents, led by an egomaniac, sore over losing, and desperate to hold onto power and some psychological sense of legitimacy. Our country AlWAYS swings back and forth between the rule of these two parties. In this case, with Covid and social unrest and Trump's own poor leadership style, the swing back to Dems came after one term instead of two. Big deal! It's no surprise! Trump hasn't won the popular vote either time! He was lucky that he won the EC the first time.

There is no steal in the vote counting! Get over it, Trumpers. It's for your own good, your party's own good, and democracy's own good.
Yes, you have said repeatedly that you understand the anger and discontent. But when I read "there is very little of this conspiracy hysteria here" and what follows, I don't think you do understand. Maine is rural and centrist. Vermont is rural and left leaning. It's not just a matter of being rural. Once you get outside of Baltimore, you'll find as many rednecks with deer on the hoods of their trucks as you'll see in Arkansas. But they're New England states that don't have large scale industry or farming, like "Trump country". How many auto factories do you have? How many bushels of corn do you grow? Michigan has more in common with Texas than Maine does with Missouri.